078. YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON

Chapter seventy eight

"You have to hold on." 

It had been three months, an entire summer since both Stefan and Athena disappeared and nobody had seemed to care that they were gone seeing as they thought they were safe and not in danger, although unfairly to Stefan and Athena with the situations the two of them were in, neither knew that the other wouldn't be coming for them either, where Athena was in a cabin in the middle of the woods as a stone statue looking just like any statue of Athena's likeness would look like, although except this time, she wasn't made out of marble or stone but instead was the real Athena, stuck.

And not just in stone, but stuck reliving her trauma all over again, and not the kind that Silas made her go through, but the one from her childhood, remembering the day she was taken all over again, to the days where she was forced to run in the woods to dodge gunshots, where how if she didn't do well, she was locked back up in that closet and not let out on days on end, was starved until she got what she was supposed to do right and it happened over and over on repeated, where the day was allowed to go home never came.

Where meanwhile, Stefan was locked in a safe and drowning under water over and over, where he woke up again and began banging his hands on the safe, freaking out, which only made him choke on more water.

In the real world, Silas was in mystic falls, as he walked up to Athena's mother who was eating lunch, and as he did, she looked up at him "hey, look who's back!" she voiced "looks who's, uh, eating her feelings." Silas shared "yeah. I just dropped the girls off at Whittmore." sheriff Forbes shared "ah." Silas told her "but I'm also wondering where Athena is, I mean you too left town so abruptly didn't even tell any of us where you were going and when we text or call, we get no reply." sheriff Forbes shared, and when she did, Silas furrowed his brows knowing exactly why Stefan was missing but Athena was entirely different story which worried him as he sat down across from her.

He grabbed her cup and pulled it over to him, opening it, he then pulled out a knife and grabbed sheriff Forbes wrist and held it over the cup "what are you doing?" sheriff Forbes asked him "I'm outing myself as not Stefan. Obviously. Don't be afraid. Don't move." Silas mind controlled her, he cut her wrist open as her blood went into the cup "what's happening?" sheriff Forbes asked him "we never exactly got to meet before but I was Athena's boyfriend. Does that ring any bells?" Silas asked her "Silas. Your the two hundred year old vampire who kidnapped my little girl." sheriff Forbes shared.

"I only kidnapped her because she decided she loved Stefan more then she loved me. And I don't like the word vampire, I prefer immortal who your daughters and all they're friends thought they got rid of." Silas shared "are you appearing to me as Stefan like you clearly did with Athena?" sheriff Forbes asked "well, yes and no. This is my true form. Stefan is my doppelganger." Silas shared, reading her mind "you're confused. I know that because I can read your thoughts. I never could do that with Athena, even if I was able to, I wouldn't want to. I care about her too much." he shared.

"What's with the knife? Most vampires go straight for the neck." sheriff Forbes shared "oh, please, Liz. I came first. Vampires are nothing more then a disgusting perversion of me. I'm unkillable, I'm immortal and I'm physic and to function I need human blood. But like I tried to tell you nicely, don't ever call me a vampire." Silas shared, as he smiled, he moved her wrist off the cup "cheers." he told her, drinking it, he then put the cup down as he began to read her thoughts again.

"Unfortunately, I can see." he shared, as he began cleaning the blood off of her with the napkin "that you can't help me find either of the two things I'm looking for, so, all you need to remember, Liz, is that I was never here." he shared, putting the lid back on her cup, he stood up and walked off.