JUST LIKE EASTER

LISA

Jennie and I rushed to the hospital where Jisoo was brought. When we arrived, the doctors are trying to revive her. Jennie is already hopeless. I am trying my best to support her body as she is really physically weak. One of the doctors moved the curtain to cover the glass window where we are watching the revival. The last thing we saw, she's being pumped and they are all multitasking, pulling out all the bullets from her body. She is not breathing anymore.

We waited for an hour for the doctors to come out of the room. Something crossed my mind. What if it was me? What if I did not quit my job before, and I was the one fighting for my breath? I don't want my wife to mourn for the rest of her life. Ex-wife, Lisa. Ex.

"Hi." The doctor.

"How is she? Doc, tell me she's not dead. Tell me you were able to revive her." Jennie begs.

"We tried our best. Luckily, her breathing is back. A miracle. But she has to undergo heart procedure. We took one bullet from her chest and other four from her legs and back. It may take time for her to heal. And once she recovers, we'll fix a lot more. She wasn't really breathing when she's brought here. Brave one. A fighter." Thank you, Doctor!

"Jennie, don't let her go back to that job ever again. This is why I quit that job. Let's convince her once she's awake soon." I am trying to convince Jennie as well.

"It's still her decision, Lisa. I am no longer the person I was before. I won't force her to do things out of her will. What's important now is that she is alive." Her response while we're driving back to the house.

Jennie insisted that she'll be okay and it's fine if I do my grind. I also have to work and face personal problems . I actually forgot what happened to me. Here you are again, Lisa. Ignoring your circumstances just to show your full support to others.

I dropped her off, went to my unit and fixed myself. I have to face Mr. Ford again. I have to do this for my son. If I only think of myself, I wouldn't dare taking over the company that is not mine. But I think, Jennie is right. He killed my parents even if it was just an accident. And I am taking what's mine even if I can no longer replace my parents' lives with all the fortune I am going to get.

"Here. Not just my companies. I am leaving to you everything I've got, Lisa. All my properties and money I have. I know you are still mad at me. Do whatever you want. Keep it for your son. These will secure his future. I am so sorry. It was an accident, yes. But still, I am so sorry, Lisa." Mr. Ford shed tears. He handed me the gray folder.

"What else can I do? It's impossible to bring back my parents' lives. Not a single centavo or millions of dollars can ever do that. I am mad at you and I will never forgive you. But I will try to forget about this. A lot of employees rely on your companies. They have to bring food on the table. Who am I to ruin their lives?" I said.

I took the folder as if nothing happened. Stood up and approached the door.

"I am dying. The Doctor gave me three more months to live my life and what's left for me. Whatever happens, save my company. Save what's yours now. Ever wonder why I appointed you to be the CEO even way back you first entered my company? I prepared you for this." His words made me stop from walking.

I looked at him, and suddenly I felt pain in my chest.

"And most importantly, Lisa, please be happy. You deserve to be happy. I am just here when you need a father on my remaining days. I am really sorry." I feel Mr. William's sincerity. But I have to go. I really have to go. I don't want him to see how soft I am.