BURNOUT

JENNIE

"Jennie, if you want to talk about something, we are here for you. You are our daughter and we will surely listen to you. Do not think that we are your enemy. We are concerned of you, Jen." I know that dad is worried about me.

As much as I want to tell them what I am going through, I don't want him to worry about me. Now that he just filed for bankruptcy, I am not going to add another burden to him. His business is failing. I want to help him. But I am also thinking that he is getting old and I want them to retire.

My Mom is also on her last term as the city Mayor. She wants to put her retirement savings on a bakery business once her term ends. I want to help them.

But only if they know what's on my mind now.

I want to quit my job. But I do not know how to tell Rosé. I am so tired. This fame is tiring me emotionally, physically and mentally. I have been working non stop. I want to rest but my contracts with brands are not ending yet. I really regret not thinking twice about it and just kept on receiving.

Next, I really do miss Lisa. The last time I saw her was five months ago when she brought me home after she took me from the club. After that, she never answered my calls. She never replied to my messages. She visits the house to spend time with Aki when I am not around. But she never missed complying with her obligations. I told her to not pressure herself when she's financially short because I am still earning. But she is really responsible. She paid this year's real estate tax of our house. She's sending me her financial support for Aki every month.

"Can you help me with, Lisa? Mom, please? I am really dying inside. I miss her everyday. I want to fix us. I want to marry her again. Dad, that's all I hope for. I can't function well without her." I begged.

"Jennie, we can't force Lisa. You can't force love." Mom said.

"But I know that she loves me still." I said.

"Love is not enough." Dad mouthed.

I looked at him and I think I have to hear their honesty. I think I have to face this.

"Can you be honest to me? Can you tell me what are my flaws as her wife?" I asked them but they just looked down. I know they won't tell me to avoid hurting my feelings.

"Mom, Dad, I am ready to hear it." I think I am.

They inhaled so deep before starting to confront me.

"You changed. You fought for your love for Lisa but you changed in a snap. You became someone selfish, Jen. You were just lucky that she was so patient with you because she loves you. Your relationship was toxic. She kept dealing with you. You were too demanding of things that sometimes are way impossible. But she tried to give you her best. You belittled her. Lisa was just a simple person but she tried to fit in your world. She swallowed all the hurt of the consequences of your fame.

You had a hard time dealing with your anger issues. She adjusted. We all wanted to talk to you about it so we can help you but you are dismissing us right away. We know you are not okay with your job. We know how you feel and what you are going through. We are just too scared to ask you because you might lose your temper right away. We know Lisa suffered too much on that matter.

You were not careful with your words when you talk to her. Your Mom and I witnessed some of your fights and she has been letting you win even if she had a lot to say to defend herself or lighten the situation. But she couldn't. She couldn't because she didn't want to hurt you. She was very understanding of every situation you're in.