SECRET GARDEN

JENNIE

I am having my makeup and hair done here inside my dressing room and the interview at the studio will start in thirty minutes.

I have been reading comments on my phone regarding my trending video the other night. I don't care. I'm leaving the girl group anyway. All I care about now is to get a message from the person who saved me. But no one decent has replied to my post. Most of them are just obviously scammers and pretenders just to get my attention. How I wish that person who saved me would show up.

We heard a knock on the door.

"Good morning. I'll just mop the wet floor at the corner of the room. We received a report that the air-con is leaking. We have called the maintenance already. Sorry for the inconvenience." Her voice caught my attention.

My glam team and I are discussing about my retirement from this company. They are all worried that they may lose  their jobs because of my sudden decision. I assured them that I will bring them with me on the next step of my career and it somehow made them happy.

While my hair is being tied up, I noticed the cleaner through the mirror. Her jaw is so beautiful. Her side features is captivating. Sadly, I can't see her face in full as she's wearing a cap that fits her uniform. She's wearing a rugged white sneakers too!

She suddenly looked at me. Oh my god. I hope she won't think that I am examining her.

She focused back to work and looks really shy. Wait. Have we met before?

"Hi. How are you?" I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Good morning, Ma'am. I'm good. Do you need anything?" She asked back. She is really shy.

"Hmmm. How long have you been working here?" I asked.

"Turning five months next week, Ma'am." She answered.

"Have we met somewhere before?" People inside the dressing room are surprised that I am talking to strangers.

"I—. Uhm. Maybe we just bumped into each other on the hallway or somewhere here in the building before, Ma'am. Is there anything wrong?" She asked. She has a nice and deep voice.

"Oh. None. Nothing." I shifted my eyes away after I smiled at her.

"Jennie, we're about to air. Let's go?" Rosé came in.

I can't stop staring at the cleaner when I walked out of the room.

I did the whole interview with bravery. I am hundred percent decided that I am leaving Dream Entertainment. I also apologized to my band mates on television. I already informed them through personal calls and they respect my decision. I know it's hard for everyone but I am no longer happy. I need to step up.

After the interview, we all packed up and ready to go. I told Rosé that I brought my car with me and she should not worry about me. I want my slight freedom now and I think it's better to go on my way even when it comes to driving. I always drive by myself but the company always makes sure that they send someone to follow me for my own safety.

I reached the parking lot outside the building where I chose to park today instead of going down the basement. When I start my car, it's not cooperating. It automatically stops after a few seconds.

I got out of the car and tried to check the engine but I'm really terrible at this. Yes. I do not know how to figure out any car problem.

"Ma'am, is there something wrong?" A familiar voice.