TRAGEDY IN TEAL

JENNIE

After years of dating, Lisa and Riva are tying the knot really soon. I am happy for them. Yes. And I am also happy with Jisoo.

But if there's one thing that bothers me lately, that's my son. I mean, he's going through something. Aki is now nine and he's slowly perceiving things right. He's too broken learning that Lisa is going to marry someone else. I think, he just realized everything. The truth. The truth that Lisa and I are already separated.

And I think, now is the right time to explain the situation to him.

"I'm hurt, Mom. I'm really hurt. I thought you two are just busy that's why she's living in another house. I thought Riva is just her friend." It pains me hearing my son telling me this. I also feel guilty that all this time, we never tried to slowly let him understand.

"Son, listen to me. I feel you. I know what you really feel and that's okay. Just feel it. But your Dada is happy. I am happy, too. But not being with each other does not mean that we don't share love. We love each other, just not the way we expect it to be. I love her as my friend for how many years now. Yes, we used to be married, but I am the reason why she had to leave me. No, she never left us. She has always been there for us. Right?" I am trying not to cry. I feel the pain through my angel's eyes.

Aki is bursting out in tears.

"Me, I am happy with someone else too. And I think you know who she is. It's obvious. I'm sorry for not talking to you about this. I am just finding the right time. I am sorry that we made you feel this way, son. I am sorry for ruining our family. I hope you'll forgive me. take your time. There are things that only adults can understand for now. Someday, I will tell you everything that happened. You can be mad at us, but please never doubt our love for you.

Sometimes, it has to be this way, Aki. It has to be like this so we can all move forward, continue breathing and be happy. And it's also okay to be sad, my love. It's okay to feel bad about this. But again, please don't you ever forget that we love you more than anything else."

We're interrupted by our helper. She came running and looked so nervous.

"Ma'am—. Ma'am, Ms. Riva's car crashed. I saw it on the news online." I was shocked.

My phone suddenly rang and saw Lisa's name. As expected.

I hurriedly took my key and rushed out of the house.

On my way, I was streaming on an online news about the car accident. It pinched my heart knowing what happened to Riva. She was a good person. She loved Lisa with all her heart.

And with Lisa, I am so worried about her. So, I drove as fast as I could. Upon knowing that Riva was driving one of Lisa's car designs, and the fact that this type of accident was also the reason why Lisa lost her parents, I think she really needs me now there at the hospital.

When I arrived, I found Lisa sitting on the corner in her gloomy teal shirt. I just let her cry before coming near.

And she cried more when I sat beside her, not too close. I waited for her to touch me first before comforting her.

And there, she shed her tears. Embraced me so tight. Her weeping was as loud as her heartbeat.

She told me that they tried to revive her but she was declared dead on arrival.

"Another car accident. Jen, change your car. I think I- I have to stop creating cars from now on." She sounds like losing her voice, overpowered by her grief. She's overthinking now.