SKYSCRAPER

LISA

I don't know how I am doing this, but I am able to pay Jennie's rehab for three months now. Aki is with me and I am surely giving his needs. We also get to visit Jennie thrice a month. She is so worried that I am spending too much on her. She noticed I lost weight. What can I do? I have to earn big in each month so I can provide for her and to our son.

I know people may say that Jennie is no longer my responsibility. But I am not like other people who would just let the mother of their child suffer in life. I want her to be fine. I know she wants to be fine. In three months, I can slowly see Jennie's progress. But she told me that there are still times that she fails some tests given to her at the facility. She still got tempted so many times. She couldn't control it. But she promised to fight it. She assured me that she won't disappoint us anymore. I told her to take all the time she needs and do not put pressure on herself just because she's thinking of the money I spend on her rehab.

For this month, I have to be honest to myself, I am really struggling. I only have three clients at the moment and the amount I'll be earning will only be enough for Aki's needs. He's already starting to crave for so much food. I also enrolled him in nursery nearby the farm. He's already three and it's my obligation to give him a good education even at an early age.

Mr. Daniel called to check on the farm. He also asked how I am. I was honest to him. He offered to lend me money but I declined his offer. He told me he'll double my salary as the manager of his restaurant here in the farm. I still have two weeks until the deadline of payment at the rehab. My goal is to pay the full amount for the whole year and just get the excess if ever Jennie finishes in just six months. The rehab director also discussed to me that Jennie's program has an inclusion of having a mental therapy session from time to time based on their assessment. I am just glad that she's having what she needs.

Another week has passed and only one client has been added to my graphic design task. Still not enough for Jennie's rehab. I already called mom and dad and ask them if I can borrow money. I did not tell them where to use it but they got it right away. They promised to help me from now on. I told them that after this month, they shouldn't worry anymore. They even apologized because I am the one spending for their daughter. The bakery just opened two months ago and Mom's term has also ended as the city Mayor. I also understand their situation.

I am already thinking of applying for a part time job in the city. Maybe tomorrow I'll start sending my CV to some companies. I don't care if it's just a small job as long as I will be earning.

That day has come. The only call I got was for the position of a diser on the grocery store thirty minutes way from here. I only have to work three times a week in the afternoon for four hours. I think it's perfect. I accepted the job.

On my first day, I realized that it is not a heavy job. It's just that I am so tired. In a day, I only got to sleep for three hours. I had to finish my graphic designs, manage the restaurant and the farm, make sure that my son is okay and bring him to school with his nanny.

I only have three more days until the deadline of payment at the facility. I am already afraid that I won't be able to pay for Jennie's rehab.

Mom is calling.

M: Lisa, can you go here at the hospital now? Your dad experienced difficulty in breathing and then he fainted.

L: Oh my god! Mom, is he conscious now? I'm coming!

M: He's asleep. The doctor said it could be a heart problem. They are still finalizing the results.

L: Everything will be fine, Mom. I am coming.