TURN OVER & TURN OF EVENTS

LISA

I didn't know where to go after witnessing the proposal. All I knew is that I was hurt. I don't even know why I am hurt. Betrayal? Maybe. Or maybe it's something else. A heart-wrenching regret that Jennie and I's marriage did not work out well. God. We're separated for how many years already. 

She followed me. She drove her way to that big sycamore tree where we had our dates before. 

We talked. She apologized. 

When I felt the calmness in my body, I also apologized to her for acting weird that night. I told her to be happy and I'll support her in every decision she makes. It still pains me. I really do not know the reason why. 

I was once in love with her and it just ends there. She deserves to really be happy now. 

But I was also honest that night. I told her that it's too unfair for me. When we're married, I loved her with everything I got. It's so unfair that I wasn't able to get the treatment I deserve and she's now giving it to her new lover now. I am not a bad person. All I did was to love her. And we all know that my love for her made me sacrifice things for myself. All for her. For her to be happy and safe. She wasn't good for me. But despite all the pain I have gone through, she will always be part of my happiness. We had our beautiful memories, too. 

Maybe this is how life works. Maybe love is not for me. Maybe Jennie is really meant for someone else and not me. And me, I don't want to welcome love from someone else anymore aside my son's love for me. I am not going to open my heart for another woman anymore. 

I moved on. I started working again in the office. I created  designs for the cars we are releasing soon.  I have to stay focus. I need to reach my goal, and that's to release cars every year with additional safety.

My colleagues noticed my stress. I'm pressured. They keep reminding me that we are doing well as a team and I don't have to worry too much. Maybe it's just my fear. My fear of losing lives because of the cars I make.

My parents died because of car crash. My fiancé's life was taken by the car I designed. Fuck it. 

I was busy signing some papers when my phone rang. It's Mr. Ford. 

W: Hi, Lisa! I'm dropping by at 2. Are you available?

L: Good morning, Mr. Ford. Yes, I am. What is it about?

W: Uhm. Lisa, we need to talk. 

His voice is a bit shaky. I don't know if I'll be worried about it or-. I don't know.

I left my office five minutes before 2, used the elevator to reach the conference room. As I opened the door, I was surprised to see not only Mr. William Ford Jr. but also Mr. Daniel Anderson. 

I couldn't speak. I am confused. Why is Mr. Daniel here? These two guys couldn't look at me in the eyes. They look nervous.

I sat away from them. 

"You two—. I'm sorry. I don't understand." I said. I'm becoming thirsty. 

It took time for them to talk. Mr. William open the gray folder in front of him and pushed it forward to my direction.

"All signed. Lisa, I- I don't know where or how to start." He's like dealing with the lump on his throat.

I stayed quiet.