Crawling Back to You

Y/N's POV:

The alcohol poisoned my mind and my heart, it was supposed to be helping me resolve my mental state but I think it's making it worse. I had recently been broken up with by my girlfriend, Tara.

We had an argument about the Ghostface attacks and instead of just sticking it through together, she just ended things on the spot. Something about protecting me, blah blah blah. It was just a bunch of bullshit I didn't want to hear.

So instead of talking about it, I chose alcohol. It helped for the first week, but by the third, I was feeling worse than I started out. I haven't slept a wink of sleep in days and the exhaustion was truly creeping on me.

Stumbling out of the bar, I almost ran into a few poles along the way but my apartment would be just down the street. "Hey, need a ride?" A strange man pulls over in his Jeep. I should refuse, but the alcohol poisoning has consumed too much of my mind to think rationally.

I give him a nod and a slurred 'yes' but just before I can jump in the passenger's of his Jeep, I'm suddenly pulled back by a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist. "She's with me." The stranger muttered and the guy drove off in frustration. "What the fuck, Y/N? Are you drunk?"

I squinted my eyes and blinked several times to focus on on the woman talking to me. I finally managed to see it was Tara. "T-Taraaaaa, what're you doing hereeeee?" I asked in a slur, my tone raising in octave in happiness.

The girl holding my waist groaned as she smelled the alcohol radiating from my body. "Let's go." She dragged me all the way back to my apartment. "Where's your key?"

"In my pooket." I groaned and jolted my head up, the lights blaring down on us were super blurry. Tara groaned and hesitantly reached into my pocket, pulling out my keys she unlocked the door and pushed it open. Dragging me inside with ease, she shut it with her foot and made sure to lock it as well.

Taking me upstairs, I let out a series of drunk giggles every time my feet bumped the stairs. I stared up at the ceiling with big, doe eyes, amazed with everything in sight like a toddler. "Come on." Tara helped grab me some new clothes and wash me up. She carried me to bed and laid me down gently, pulling the covers over my body. I snuggled up and watched her turn the light off after setting a glass of water and some medicine down.

"Stay with me, please?" I found my voice creaking out: I sounded like a shy teenager. Tara was hesitant at first but she sat down in the chair beside the bed, her hand settling on my arm. She ran it up and down and soothed me to sleep.

"Please don't do this to yourself anymore." Was the last thing I heard her say before she pressed a kiss to my forehead when I knocked the fuck out. 

-

By morning, I'm awoken by a sickening feeling in my gut. I jolt out of bed and sprint to my bathroom, hurling over my stomach, I throw up the alcohol from last night. When I'm completely emptied out, I wipe my mouth and groan when I collapse back against the tub.

"You okay?" Tara pops her head in the door frame. I gave her a lazy thumbs up with my eyes closed. I can't see her but I heard her approaching me and I knew she was beside me when I felt her arm brushing against mine as she took a seat. "Medicine." She placed two pills in my hand and handed me the glass of water that day by my bed.

I shakily place the pills in my mouth and swallow them with a grunt. Blinking hard I suddenly remember last night. "God." My head falls on Tara's shoulder, making her rub my leg out of sympathy. "Did I do anything stupid last night?"

"Apart from trying to get in some random guy's Jeep, no, not really." She joked lightly and it made me smile only a little before it dropped instantly.

"What were you doing nearby?" I asked and lifted my head up to look at her.

Tara hesitated before speaking. "M-Mindy told me you were drinking your feelings away and I had a bad feeling that you weren't okay. I... tracked your location and found you at the bar. I, luckily, made it in time to keep you from getting in with the guy." A lump formed in my throat at her words.

"Why?" Was all I could ask and yet my voice shook and cracked slightly.

"Because even though I ended things, I still deeply care about you, Y/N." Her hand cups my jaw, her fingertips dancing along my cheek. It was soothing and brought back many memories as I leaned into her touch. "I'm sorry, I should've just stayed with you to protect you. I-I thought breaking up would help but fuck- I just mentally destroyed myself knowing that your drinking habits was my fault." She admitted, barely in a whisper.

I rest my head on her chest and nodded quietly. "It's okay, Tara. I forgive you." I whispered, her hand moving to rub my back.

"Can you give me another chance?" My eyes snapped open at her sudden question. "I want to prove that I'll protect you forever, no matter the threat. That I'll never leave you, and I'll love you forever." Her hands found mine as my eyes met hers. "Like I promised."

Her eyes were genuine, I knew she was being sincere. Fuck, I missed her so much. Without a second of hesitation, I nodded and smiled a little at her. "Yes... I would love that." Her eyes dropped to my lips, then to my left eye, and then my right.

I knew what she wanted and she would get it that easily. Leaning forward, our lips were finally connected after three terrible weeks in a searing, passionate kiss that left us both breathless.

——————
A/N:
This will have a part two with smut... you guys decide if she should be g!p or not