Oakley (Part 2)

2nd Person POV:

Jenna woke up in a completely different environment, she wasn't at her home, no, she was at someone else's house. She suddenly sat up in bed, hearing a few voices from outside the bedroom. She quickly slipped her hoodie on, grabbing her shoes and slowly approaching where the sound was coming from.

She turned the corner, only peaking her head out to see you talking to your mom, who stood in the doorway, caring a little girl in her arms. Jenna could only recognize the little girl as Oakley. Her eyes widened, her breathing becoming a little heavier as she froze.

"Thanks for watching, mom. I needed a break." You nodded gratefully, hugging you mother who smiled in return, passing Oakley over to you. "Love you, mom."

"Love you too, sweetie. Get some rest." Your mother instructed before exiting the house, you closing the door gently behind her. You glanced down at Oakley in your arms, her dark brown eyes staring up at you. You smiled, kissing her forehead softly as you turned around, spotting Jenna who stood frozen in the hallway.

"Morning." You cleared your throat, talking in your normal, somewhat distant tone to your ex. Jenna stared at you, glancing between you and the baby. You shook your head, ignoring her gaze as you walked into the kitchen. "Do you want something to eat or- hi." You stopped midway through your question when Jenna was suddenly in the kitchen.

"Hi." Her voice was barely above a whisper. Her eyes were glued to Oakley, you noticed her eyes getting glossy. "Is that..?"

You looked down at Oakley, glancing back up at Jenna. "Yes." You answered and suddenly you felt a pang of guilt. You hated Jenna for leaving, but not enough to keep her from her child, you knew that was all she wanted. Was to be with the kid she helped create. "Do you want to hold her?"

The question snapped Jenna out of her thoughts, immediately shaking her head as she looked at you with wide eyes. "N-No, it's okay, I don't need to-" You cut her off by grabbing her arms, forcefully but gently, putting Oakley in her arms. "Y/N-"

"Just hold your daughter." You mumbled and that sentence alone made Jenna's eyes softened, and her body relax. You stared at Jenna the entire time she gently started rocking Oakley, eliciting a small smile from the baby.

She soon started babbling, scaring Jenna a bit but she soon relaxed and reached a hand up to run her hand through Oakley's lightweight curls. "She's beautiful." Jenna whispered softly. "Just like you."

You blushed at her words, no matter how much you resented her (at the moment), the effect she had on you was clearly there. You didn't forget about that kiss you shared last night. In fact, it reminded you of the feelings you never lost for her.

"I'm sorry." You heard Jenna softly whisper to Oakley, kissing the baby's forehead over and over, softly. "I'm sorry, I left you on your own."  You knew this apology was for you, and the only reason she was saying to your daughter, was because she was afraid.

"Come here, baby girl." You coo, gently taking Oakley from the brunette. You walked into the baby room, knowing Jenna was close by, you walked over to the crib, gently setting your daughter down inside. "It's her nap time." You informed the Ortega girl.

Jenna watched you with soft, vulnerable eyes. She fiddled with her fingers, leaving the room as she walked back out into the living room. "Hey." Her head snapped up at your voice, seeing you leaning against the doorframe of the hall. "What's wrong?"

"I'm really fucking sorry, Y/N/N." Jenna sniffled, she didn't want to fry, that was never her first option but she couldn't help the tears that began falling. You quickly rushed over, crouching down in front of the girl. Cupping her cheeks, you whispered sweet words as you wiped the tears away, kissing her forehead longingly.

"Hey, hey, hey." You forced her eyes to look at you, the bags under her eyes were very visible, it was clear she wasn't getting sleep. "It's okay, it's okay. I get why you ran, I'm sorry about your mom, Jen." The nickname alone sent Jenna's heart racing. "I forgive you, I do."

Silence. Quiet, soft moments passed by after you said those words, the gears in Jenna's head practically turning each second. She was thinking, you could tell, and you were now settled in her lap, keeping your hands on her cheeks.

Finally, the older girl let out a breath, looking up at you as she opened her mouth to speak. "I love you." Her voice cracked, your eyes softening as you gulped. "I never stopped, and I never will. I want to be in your life... in Oakley's life. I know I have a lot to prove but, will you let me?"

You pondered, the gears in your head were now working, you were taking deep consideration of her apology. Jenna slowly grabbed your hand, leaning her head against your chest, she was in such a vulnerable state. She gently kissed the back of your hand, looking up at you with those deep, brown eyes.

"Por favor, cariño, déjame ser tuyo otra vez (Please, baby, let me be yours again)." The Spanish accent rolled right off her tongue, only making your decision more difficult.

——————
A/N:
Real.

——————A/N:Real