Bakersfield

2nd Person POV:

"I'm sure Bakersfield isn't that bad, right?" Jenna chuckled through the phone. She would soon be arriving in your home town, Bakersfield. You sighed and chuckled along with her.

"Oh, it's bad, baby. But where there is bad, there is also good. It's a shitty town but it's got some good parts to it." You mumble as you think of the parts that haven't been swarmed with homeless encampments already.

"Pulling up to your apartment now, hon." You didn't even give her a chance to say anything else as you jumped out of her, hanging up the phone and dashing out your apartment door to jump into her arms when you spotted her exiting her car.

"Whoa." She giggled as she struggled to catch you — tumbling back a little into her car to keep her arms around you. "I missed you so much."

"Not as much as I missed you." You grinned brightly and jumped out of her arms. Taking her hand in yours, you wiggled your brows mischievously. "Ready to see this shit hole?"

"More than ready." Jenna kissed your cheek and went to get in the car but you snatched her keys and locked it up. "I thought we were driving..?"

You shook your head, "I'm in walking distance of everything. Plus, gas here is like almost 6 bucks, we don't need to waste it." You roll your eyes at the prices and drag Jenna along with you as she laughed softly, just following you willingly.

-

"What do you think of this area?" You waved your arms out. "This is Ming Ave: we have Chuck E. Cheese, that furniture store used to be a Toys R Us, Carter's is the best place for baby clothes, and a Tacos El Toro."

"Whoa." Jenna smiled and looked around the area. "Chuck E. Cheese still intact?"

"Yeah, that's been here for so long. I wanna say almost 50 years." You shrugged your shoulders and grabbed her hand again. "Wanna go to the mall?" You asked.

Jenna nodded her head. "Sure, are we catching a bus?"

"Are you kidding? Catching a bus with a bunch of homeless people on it? Nah, we're in walking distance." You waved her off and grabbed her hand again, the two of you crossed around 4 crosswalks to get to the Valley Plaza Mall.

"That was a bit of a long walk." Jenna panted when you forced her to run with you across the somewhat empty parking lot on a Wednesday morning.

"Eh, you'll get used to it." You giggled and pecked her cheek to make her feel better. "Where to first? The Reading Cinema... would not recommend, the seats are really uncomfortable." You grimaced.

The brunette giggled. "Uh... one question?" You hummed and turned to your girlfriend. "Why is it so hot? We're barely entering April soon."

"Oh, baby, it's Bakersfield. Summer comes early and 70 degrees feels way hotter than it should be. Our hottest weather recorded is somewhere around 110." You shrugged casually, unaware of how Jenna's jaw dropped.

"Holy shit..." She cursed under her breath in a little bit of a whiny tone as you were grabbing her bicep and sprinting towards the entrance of the mall.

-

"Yo, what's up?" You called out to a small group of teenagers that were skating in the stairway parking lot of JCPenny's. "Don't forget about the mall security." Jenna smiled when they gave you all fist bumps as you walked by.

"They seem nice." Jenna muttered to you.

You threw her a smile. "They weren't before but they are now since I almost shot them when I caught them skating outside my apartment building."

"Shot?" Jenna slowly spoke.

"Yeah, you're gonna want a gun by your bed if you live here." You nodded in confirmation and laughed at her reaction. "I'm not kidding but your reaction is funny."

-

"So... what do you think of my hometown?" You threw your legs over Jenna's as you both made it back to your apartment 3 hours later.

"It's hot, filled with homeless but... I kinda like it." Jenna rubbed your legs and smiled softly up at you. "It's where you grew up, I think that's what makes it special."

"Aw." You crawl over to her and sit in her lap. "You're a cutie." You cupped her jaw to press a kiss to her lips. "Now." You sat up and grabbed your house keys. "Let's walk to the Pizza Hut down the street and get a pizza."

Jenna giggled and let out a small yelp when you yanked her off the couch and dragged her out of your house.

——————
A/N:
Yes this is based on me, I live in Bakersfield and yes... it's pretty shitty lol but yeah, no one ever lives in Bakersfield anymore🙃

By the way, Ki09ka, this is what you have to deal with when you come here 😊