Hidden Feelings

Y/N's POV:

I was at a cast dinner, it was supposed to be a happy moment, but it didn't feel happy. Not to me at least. I'm the only one here, sitting in the corner, staring at the floor. There's such a sorrow look on my face, I kept my distance from everyone else, not wanting my depression to bring everyone else down.

I glanced up, seeing Jenna staring at me, her eyes quickly averted away once we made eye contact. I sighed under my breath, standing up as I snuck away quietly, exiting the empty restaurant we were in.

As I walked down the street, staring at the ground, I began to think about everything.

Yesterday

"Hey, Jen?" I approached my best friend, leaning against the door frame of her trailer. She looked at me with a questioning gaze. "I just wanted to talk."

She gestured me to sit, nodding as I shut the door. "What is it?" She asked, turning her back on me as she continued to do her makeup.

"Are you mad at me?" My sentence made her freeze. "I mean, the way you've been acting, it kind seems like you're mad at me. Did I do something wrong?" Of course I was worried if I did something wrong, not only was she my best friend, but also my crush.

"No. Why do you ask? Her voice grew a little distant as she said those words. It made me sigh.

"See? Right there." I point out and Jenna frustratedly puts her makeup brush down, turning to me.

"It doesn't matter, Y/N. Why can't you take the hunt? Just go away." She emphasized, her voice raising a little as she turned back around. Without her knowledge, I began to cry, as I quietly walked out of the trailer.

I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my coat, shivering as I felt a breeze wash over me. Droplets of water began to fall on my head rapidly, making me pick up the pace in my steps since I didn't have a hood nor an umbrella.

By now, it's been 5 minutes and the rain was pouring, and I'm soaking wet right now. My house was still 10 minutes away.

As I kept walking, I felt a presence behind me, making me stop as I suddenly didn't feel the rain pouring on me anymore. I looked over to see Jenna standing beside me, using her own umbrella to shield me while she gets soaked herself.

"What do you want?" I ask, trying to push the umbrella away, but her tiny yet strong arms kept it above my head.

"Shut up." Jenna yelled, her face expressing genuine sorrow. "I'm sorry for what I said to you, I didn't mean it, I promise. I'm not mad, I could never be mad at you. You're the most important person in my life and I truly thought I lost you after saying something so stupid." She confessed, making my shoulders drop as I stared at her, I felt tears forming in my eyes, it wasn't the rain either. "I'm a shitty person, Y/N, and the only reason I was acting dry was because I have feelings for you! I have no clue how to approach that since we've been best friends forever and I really didn't want to ruin our friendship either!"

I looked at her, pushing the umbrella away as I dropped to Jenna's side, I didn't care about the rain anymore as I grabbed her face, pulling her towards me with a newfound passion in me as I connected our lips in a passionate kiss.

Jenna froze for only a second before hugging my waist, pulling me against her as our lips moved in sync, a perfect match together. Our hair was wet, the wet strands of loose hair falling in each other's faces but we didn't care.

"Let me take you home." Jenna mumbled on my lips, looking me in the eyes. Her big brown eyes sparkled. "My car is just up ahead and there's fresh clothes in the trunk for you." She smiled, caressing my cheek as she began to pull me with her to her car.

I suddenly stopped, making her Turn to me confused. "I forgive you by the way." I said and she slowly started to smile again. "And if that kiss didn't click in your head, it means I like you, too."

"Good to know." Jenna laughed, pulling my arm as I laughed along with her, joining her side in walking to her car.