53-54: New World

Chapter 53 New World

It is not a shameful thing for the Silver Wolf swordsman Yukichi Fukuzawa, who was once a government assassin, to meet Yusaku Kudo.

In addition to doing dirty work for government dignitaries, Fukuzawa Yukichi would also receive tasks to protect political dignitaries from time to time - and many of these tasks involved plutocrats who were friendly with them.

Kudo Yusaku has an excellent family background and talent, and the works he wrote have even won the favor of the country on the other side of the ocean, which has made Kudo Yusaku even more popular - at least among these high-ranking and well-dressed nobles. , willing to interact with him and provide him with some trivial help.

Fukuzawa Yukichi and Kudo Yusaku met at a banquet. It was a high-end banquet that only high-level political and economic people could participate in. It was supposed to be like countless banquets in the past, with boring speeches and pleasantries, deepening The connection ended perfectly, but a discordant note broke the peaceful music.

A high-ranking dignitary was murdered - although it seemed to be an accident on the surface. The chandelier hanging high on the ceiling crumbled due to the maintenance worker's careless failure to tighten the screws, and finally pinned the dignitary below.

This political leader had just defeated his rival, and it was rumored that the position he was already sitting in was taken from his original boss through dishonorable means. Not only that, he also abandoned his ex-wife, former lover, and political enemy. , the friends who stepped on him were also on the invitation list for this banquet. In short, there were many people who had the motive to murder him.

The worst thing is that Fukuzawa Yukichi was ordered to protect him - perhaps this politician also realized that many people resented him and even wanted his life, but even if he invited the famous Silver Wolf Swordsman, he could not Can save one's life.

This is indeed a bit tricky for Fukuzawa Yukichi. If he is asked to fight dozens of enemies in the worst weather, he is not afraid, but now he has to find the murderer from several suspects who resent the deceased. This is not his specialty.

Fortunately, before Fukuzawa Yukichi met Edogawa Ranpo, Kudo Yusaku's name was on the invitation list for this banquet.

His reasoning was fast and precise, and he found the real murderer from the list of suspects that almost exceeded two digits. Of course, there was also the method the real murderer used to kill the political leader.

If Kudo Yusaku were to recall, this was by no means the most unforgettable case he had ever encountered, but it was definitely the one that bored him the most.

Sometimes, the perpetrator deserves more sympathy than the victim, but fortunately, Kudo Yusaku still met a worthy friend in this case.

Although Kudo Yusaku was unable to see his friend Fukuzawa Yukichi often due to distance, the connection between them was never interrupted.

Regarding all kinds of things about superpowers and the underground world, Kudo Yusaku also learned from Fukuzawa Yukichi - the Silver Wolf Swordsman thought it would be better to let his friend know it from the mouth of a superpower. It is better to inform yourself of dangerous information that seems to be true or false.

Fukuzawa Yukichi arrived as promised, and they made an appointment in a bright cafe. The place was filled with the rich aroma of cocoa beans, and the clean glass made people feel happy.