Chapter 88 - The aftermath

Maya was discharged after a day and she was taken back home. The whole family was worried when she stayed numb even after a couple of days. Yamuna was always with her taking care of her and force feeding her. Maaran would sit beside her and watch all the while when she was asleep. The whole family was so worried about Maya’s condition that they restraint from speaking about the issue at hand. Rajavel was no other than Maya, he had never spoken a word or had been out of his room for the last two days. Aadhavan had also returned back after hearing the news from Kathir.

Kathir had also informed Madan about all the happenings, who was shocked and worried. It was a huge task for Madan to convince Jenny who was broken hearing the condition of her friend. They were already aware of the alliance drama through Kathir and Anjali but stayed calm as they knew the two would never let go of the other but this broke them.

Maaran waited out of her room just like the last two days and noticed Maya who had left for the washroom had not returned for a long time. It was late noon and Yamuna had left the room to have lunch not before Maya was asleep. Maaran who was out of the room noticed Maya leaving for the washroom and when she did not return he was worried. His heart urged him to go look for her but the way she panicked and struggled for breath when he tried to reach her made his eyes well up. He quickly ran to the other side of the room and knocked on Kathir's room where Anjali opened it for him.

Anjali: enna aachu Maara enna venu..

Maaran: sorry Mathini.. disturb panita

Anjali: athu Ela paravala enna venum ?

Maaran: illa Maya.

Anjali: enna aachu athai Ava kuda tha irunthanga..

Maaran: sapda ponanga..avunga ponathu.. Ava restroom pona innum varala..

Anjali: romba neram aacha?

Maaran: ama.. enaku bayam ah iruku.. nan ah poi irupan.. ana ava ena pathala panick Agara.. konja vanthu parungala please..

Anjali: bayapadathinga vanga polam…

Anjali quickly ran to her room while Maaran followed behind her. She knocked on the washroom door and found it to be locked.

Anjali: Maya kathava thira…. Maya.. she kept knocking but did not gain response but heard the shower running.

Anjali: Maaran kathava thorakala..

Maaran: Mathini nan vena odacharat.

Anjali: irunga..

She once again knocked but sighed when she got no response and asked Maaran to break the door. Maaran quickly hit the door open and as soon as he opened he moved away letting Anjali walk inside. And just in time Yamuna walked into the room and heard Anjali yelling for Maya. She was quick to run into the washroom and found Anjali shaking Maya out of trance. Maya was sitting on the floor under the shower fully drenched still in trance.

Anjali: athai vanga…

Yamuna ran to her and helped her lift Maya up and found her trembling.

Yamuna: konja neram thena di veliya pona.. athu kula yen di ipadi panra..

Anjali: athai vidunga.. mothala veliya kutitu polam.. nadungara..

Yamuna and Anjali took Maya out of the washroom. Maaran stood at the doorstep and watched her with pain in his eyes as they dried her hair. Anjali who watched him standing there with tears sighed and walked to him.

Anjali: Maara.. ipa aluthu entha use ila.. itha ungala kuthi kamika nan solala… Ana itha reality.. thairiyam ah irunga… Maaran nodded… seri konja neram poi room la iru…