Chapter 68

Maaran rang the doorbell and waited impatiently while Jenny opened the door for him.

Jenny: bro Enna aachu enna problem ?

Maaran: Ava enga ethachu sonala ?

Jenny: Ava ethuvum solala.. vanthathu ulla poi door lock panita.. Enaku Shifa call Pani iruntha.. Ava patha apa Maya kovam ah pona.. neenga ava pinadiya vanthinga.. pathukonu kupta..

Maaran: oh..

Jenny: Ava anga handle panikaranu solita.. Enna bro problem..

Maaran shook his head and walked up straight to the locked door. He sighed before he began to bang on the door calling out for her.

Maaran: Yazh please kathava Thora… Pesalam di please..

He banged on the door continuously calling for her understanding the situation Jenny left the room to the corridor. Maaran sighed when there was no response even after a long time before he moved to sit on the couch.

Jenny who noticed everything from the stairs of the main door was worried. She was happy that their little misunderstanding was being solved by them but now it seemed like they had a huge problem and she had no idea about it. Their fights were an usual one but never in this two years Maya had reacted in such a way or Maaran would be right behind to convince her. Maya would be so casual even after their fights as they knew everything was a child play. Even Maaran would give her some time to relax and only after that he would do something to convince her. And now she being so restless and him trying to solve it soon made sure that the problem was serious.

Jenny: Enna na ?

Maaran shook his head at her and sat there holding his head with his palms. They heard the door unlocking and Maaran stood up before he ran to the door.

Maya: Jenny.. she called out making her come into the house… Ulla va..

Jenny: Maya enna..

Maya: Please ulla va..

Jenny looked between the duo and Maaran eyed her to get in.

Maya: yaro soli onu nee vara Venda..

She chided and left into the room while Jenny huffed:

Jenny: ena tha na achu..

Maaran: nee first avala poi paru.. nan veeta lock panitu poran.. spare key use panika..

Jenny: seri..

Maaran: Ava inum sapdala.. ethachu kudu..

Jenny: hmm.. neenga saptingala?

Maaran: illa nan pathukaran.. ne poi avala paru..

Jenny nodded and left into the kitchen before leaving to the room with a glass of milk. Knowing he would wait she made sure to leave  the door a little open. Jenny noticed Maya settled leaning on the headrest and sat in front of her.

Maya: unga anna pinadiya poga vendiyathu thena.. ethuku Inga vantha ?

Jenny: suma tha di pathan.. athuku ethuku ipadi kova padra ?

Maya sighed she was being meaningless by being angry at Jenny. Jenny moved forward a little more closer to her and held her palm in hers.

Jenny: enna di ?

Maya’s eyes welled up surprising Jenny as Maya was one who would not easily let her tears until she was badly upset.

Jenny: Maya ?

She pressed her palms in assurance before Maya silently laid on her lap. Jenny was now really worried about Maya’s behavior but she did not question it in the situation. She quickly adjusted herself and made Maya comfortable before she caressed her hair.