Chapter 82 - Yamuna's Suspicion

Maya was seated on the deck of the window gazing out. She was so lost in thoughts that she failed to notice Yamuna entering the room. She was not in her stable mind after everything that happened.

Yamuna: Mayu ma..

She frowned when she did not get her attention and shook her left arm which was placed on her tummy.

Maya: Athai ?

Yamuna: enna da.. Kovil ku ready aga sona Inga vanthu ukanthu iruka ?

She did not get any response from her and looked at her top to toe only to find her draped in a half saree. She was ready but not like her usual self without her charming smile.

Yamuna: enna da ithu.. mai eluthala.. poo veikala enna aachu unaku.. mapalai veetukaranga vera varuvanga.. una ipadi patha enna ninapanga..

Maya: illa athai oru Mari irunthuchu atha..

Yamuna: enna aachu unaku.. kachal ethachu adikutha enna.. she touched her forehead but found it to be normal.

Maya: athu ella illa athai... neenga ponga nan oru five minutes la varen..

Yamuna: illa nee va..

Maya: illa athai

Yamuna shook her head and asked her to get down before she dragged her to the dressing table. Then untangle her hair and neatly pleats it before she pinned a few strands of flowers. She turned Maya towards her and did the kajal before taking a few jewels from the locker and making Maya wear it. All the time, Maya silently sat there with welled up eyes. With all the love she received from Yamuna she was so guilty for hiding all the truth. Yamuna held Maya's chin and lifted her head before warding evil eyes.

Yamuna: mayu Enna aachu yen alara ? She panicked looking at her welled up eyes.

Maya wordlessly hugged Yamuna around her waist, laying her head on her chest seeking comfort. Yamuna was taken aback but soon held her close to her and caressed her hair. Yamuna pulled back and lifted her face to look up at her.

Yamuna: kalyanathuku munadi ellaruku ipadi tha manasu ella oru Mari irukum.. seekram seri airum.. ithuku ella ala kudathu..

She wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.

Yamuna: Late aachu polam va..

Maya nodded and walked along with her out of the room. When Maya was out of the room and waited for Yamuna to close the door, she noticed Maaran walking out of his room. When he closed the door and turned, his eyes accidentally landed on her but he did not dare to take his eyes away. She noticed him staring at her with a lot of unsaid emotions. Both stood there staring at each other until Yamuna shook Maya and took her downstairs.

Maya and the family stood in front of the temple karuvarai to pray while Naveen with family arrived there and stood opposite to them. Naveen smiled at Maya who smiled back at him. Yamuna nudged Maya and made her stand beside Naveen. That was a special prayer offered to Naveen and Maya for their marriage and well being as said by the priest. The priest came with a plate of thambulam and handed it to Maya before asking them to receive blessings from the elder's. Maya did as she was told but her heart was filled with guilt. Her eyes searched for the one who was responsible for all this and found him at a distance behind the crowd trying to hide his tears. Maaran quickly walked out of the temple as soon as he noticed her looking at him with yearning.

Maya was seated under the tree at the back side of the temple in which a lot of cradles and bangles were tied as part of belief. She looked up at one of the cradles as her hands automatically moved over her stomach. On the day of thiruvila she heard someone discussing tying the cradle in hope of getting a child soon or to have safe pregnancy and delivery. Even though she was a girl with morden ideology she still believed some of the traditions like this until it was not a harm to anyone. She had secretly brought a cradle and tied it on the tree without anyone's notice.