Chapter 80 - Surya's surprise for Ajay

Ajay was working on the new college site he had taken over at Madurai. He wondered how he had got this opportunity when he had no contact with the customer earlier.

He was straddled when he heard a shout behind him. He turned to find Surya and stood there surprised with wide eyes. From the day he met her at Kathir's wedding reception and left home something kept nagging him to go meet her. Initially when he decided to attend the function, he had  convinced himself that he had attended the function just for her wish but only after returning from meeting her, he realized it was his wish rather than hers. Once he returned back he had always been seeking some silly reasons till date which of course he denied to accept. Even when he was assigned the project in the nearby village of his native, he guessed he would meet her someday. But to his surprise he had met her on the first day.

Surya waved his hands in front of him when he was still in stanze.

Ajay: ah.. hi..

Surya: yen ippadi first time pakara mari pakaringa ?

Ajay: illa.. thidirunu pathathu surprising ah irunthuchu..

Surya: Nan intha college la tha padikaran…

Ajay: really?

Surya: ama LLM final year…

Ajay: Oh good..

Surya: ama neenga enna panringa Inga ?

Ajay: ithu nama construction tha.. puthusa assign agi iruku…

Surya: oh.. super vanga apa veetuku pola…

Ajay: veetuka… he hesitated.

Surya: yen ipadi thayangaringa..

Ajay: illa work iruku..

Surya: seri apa vanga coffee aachu kudikalam..

Ajay: ingaya ?

Surya: ama en college ku vanthu irukinga.. apa nan thena mama pakanum.. vanga..

Ajay's eyes went wide with the way of her addressing but soon a smile adored his lips.

Surya: Enna neenga adi kadi etho ulagathu poiringa ?

Ajay: onu illa.. va pola..

Surya and Ajay were settled opposite to each other in a nearby cafe. Ajay seemed lost looking at her while she was trying hard not to blush.

Surya: mama.. he jerked with her addressing.. enna sapdringa ?

Ajay: Iru nan poi vangitu varen.. unaku enna venum…

Surya: etha irunthalum ok.

Ajay nodded and left to the counter while Surya sat there staring at him with her chin resting on her palms. She was straddled when he suddenly looked at her and raised his eyebrows. She quickly shook her head and turned away smiling like a fool.

Surya: Mama ungaluku epadi theriyum ?

She was excited when he placed her favorite chocolate truffle cake in front of her and sat opposite to her with his butterscotch cake.

Ajay cleared his throat: Theriyum…

She suspiciously looked at him while he shook his head smiling.

Ajay raised his hands in surrender: ok.. un story la pathu irukan..

Surya: oh.. apa athu ella note pani irukingala ?

Ajay: athu.. he nodded…hmm.. pathu irukan…

Surya nodded with a smile before he signaled her to have her dessert knowing he was caught.