Chapter 41 - The Dinner Date

Note : Silent readers please do vote 🙏

Maaran kept driving to the outskirts of the city, even after an hour. Maya kept questioning him about the destination and only stopped when she got some thean mittais too much on from a shop on the way.

Maaran stopped the bike in front of a building which looked like an resturant. Maya confirmed it was a restaurant when she noticed the board " Taste buds Restaurant ".

Maya: Maara Inga ethuku vanthu irukom ?

Maaran: restaurant ku ethuku varuvanga.. sapda tha..

Maya: Aii enna pathi therinju ipadi kekara ?

Maaran: Ellam theriyum.. ne mothala ulla va solaran..

Maya: ipadiya solu da..

She said grumpily as she walked along with him but all her grumpiness vanished the moment she saw the indoor game on the ground floor.

It was double storey building, the first floor was completely filled with indoor games, the second was indoor restaurant and finally the terrace was used for special booking.

Maya got excited seeing the indoor games.

Maya: Maara Va vilayadalam... She said enthusiastically and dragged him to the foosball table.

Maaran: Maya Maya vilayadalam.. Athu munadi oru two minutes ingaya wait panu..

Maya: nee enga pora ?

Maaran: Varen da nee vilayaditu iru..

Maya nodded and Maaran left the place to the reception which was located at the end of the lobby.

" Yes sir.. how may I help you "

Maaran: hey.. I am Maaran.. I have made a reservation for tonight.

" One minute sir... she checked something on her system.. Your reservation has been confirmed sir.."

Maaran: Thank you.. Are the arrangements ready ?

" Sorry sir actually your timing was 7.30 and there is half an hour more.. they are preparing for it "

Maaran: Sorry we are early and no problem we will wait.

" Sorry for the inconvenience sir.. and thank you.. once the arrangements are ready i will inform you.. "

Maaran nodded with a smile and left back to find Maya trying to throw the ball into the basketball net. He took a deep breath watching her, she had tied her dupatta to a side and tied her hair up in a tight messy bun just leaving some to flow down her face. She was tapping the ball on the ground a few times before she tried to goal it but failed.

Even though she was tall enough she could not find the angle to pocket the ball. Maaran stood there watching her try a few times and fail.

Maya caught hold of the ball that was about to hit her and turned to Maaran and pouted.

Maya: Maara..

Maaran chuckled before moving to her before getting the ball from her and moving back. He tapped the ball with his right hand and moved forward until he reached a little away from the net and effortlessly pocketed the ball.

Maya: Aii super.. nanum podanum.

Maaran: podu..

Maya: atha varalaya.. neeya soli kudu..

Maaran shook his head before he signaled her to come closer and took her away from the net. He gave her the ball and moved behind her to get hold of the ball.