Chapter 67

Maaran walked into his house, dead tired before throwing his bag on the couch and slumping on it with his fingers on his forehead rubbing it. He frowned when he heard sounds from the kitchen and dragged his tired self to the entrance of the kitchen. A smile appeared on his face as he leaned on the wall and stared at Maya who was chopping something. She was wearing one of the t-shirts he had given her and knee length shorts. Her hair was held up in a bun and a few strands were sticking to her temple out of sweat. The scene in front of him looked so domestic, he was used to this in the last two and half years but this was the first time with no one around. Every time there would be Madan or Jenny and that never looked different like today. And most importantly after weeks of coming into an empty home after she had been avoiding him since last Sunday when she left asking him to not disturb, the scene in front of him was bliss.

Maya who guessed him looked at him with a peripheral vision.

Maya: Veetula gas mudinjuthu.. Jenny vera pasi oda varuva.. atha in...

She gasped before completing when she felt an arm wrap around her waist and a weight on her shoulders. She was shocked more than surprised as it was a completely new move from his side. She turned to her left and found him lying with his forehead against her shoulder blade and sighed.

Maya: Enna aachu ?

Maaran just shook his head, he himself did not know what made him throw away all his hesitation. Maybe one week of separation with no conversation was playing the card and the only thing that his mind and heart said was to go hug her and hold her tightly in his embrace.

Maya, who did not receive a reply tried to lose his hold on her but he tightened it again and pulled her back.

Maaran: please paapa ipdiya iru...

Maya frowned but soon felt goosebumps when she felt his breath against her nape indicating that he had snuggled in her shoulders. She felt a turmoil of emotions, she was worried about his emotional behavior but at the same time was happy that he was taking a step forward leaving behind his hesitations. She stayed silent for a few minutes with fingers in his hair caressing it. After a few minutes of silence she sighed before slightly loosening up his hold and turning towards him still in his embrace. She corrected the hair falling on his forehead before cupping on his cheeks.

Maya: Enna aachu work pressure ah?

Maaran shook his head: Nan ethachu thapu pana thitu illa adika kuda sei.. thayavu senju ipadi avoid panatha di.. please.. paithiyam ah pudikara mari iruku...

Maya fell silent for a few seconds, she did purposely avoid him but for giving herself some time to calm her anger on him. She somewhat guessed it would affect him but never guessed it would be in this depth.

Maya: sorry.. enga kovathula ethachu pesiruvano nu tha avoid pana..

Maaran: paravala pesu.. ana avoid panatha..

Maya: pana matan...

Maaran smiled at her and pulled her closer holding her cheeks and kissed her forehead which was totally unexpected by Maya.

Maya: enna sir.. nan ethuku kova patan nu purinjuruchu pola..

Maaran just smiled as a reply and diverted the topic.

Maaran: seri farewell nu sona epa ?

Maya: Next week..

Maaran: next week ah ? Exams mudinju illaya?

Maya: illa.. Ellaru most veli uru.. so ipava vechuta exam mudinjathu kelambi panga nu ipava vechutom..

Maaran: Apa Jenny ku ?