Chapter 71 - Reconciliation

Maya was waiting for Aadhavan to come pick her from the bus stop. She was there at coimbatore for one of her cousin's wedding and had informed Aadhavan to come pick her as she was not clear with the location. She squealed with her hand on her chest when she felt a hold on her waist from behind. She turned with a raised hand to slap whoever it was but stopped in the air while she saw Maaran behind her.

Maya: public la arivu illa ?

Maaran: atha yarum pakala illa.. and public la matum tha prechanaya ?

Maya frowned at his behavior and shook her head in disbelief.

Maya: nan mama va thena vara sona.. nee ethuku vantha ?

Maaran: Mama tha vanthu irukan…

Maya glared at him before sighing: un kuda pesa ella strength illa.. kelambu pola..

Maaran: Yen strength illa odambuku enna.. ithuku tha avalo thadava sona hostel Venda nu ketaiya ?

Maya: niruthu.. romba scene podatha.. thayavu senju kelambalam.. I am stinking..

Maaran: enna di 5 masam kalichu vanthu pakaran.. ipadi panra ?

Maya: Nejama anju masam kalichu pakaraiya?

Maaran smiled sheepishly, it has been five months since Maaran had shifted to Bangalore. The place was changed but his calls and texts did not stop. The calls were unattended but the texts were opened unlike before but there was no reply. Now his texts were lovey dovey  different from the one he was sending to convince her. Maaran would even visit Chennai frequently and watch her from far when in the college food court and garden. He knew she had noted him the very first time but never dared to accept it. He had even accompanied her in the bus when she had left for Trichy until her home. Sometimes he would visit her home in the name of visiting his grandfather. Elango would give a normal talk while Ajay would never give a damn about his existence. Maya and Maaran's indifference did not give others doubt as it was usual. Maya had been a silent spectator of all the happenings, she had been noticing all his changes and was happy. She was here at the wedding hoping everything would change between them and his activities now was making her believe more.

Maaran: Illa.. ana Ipa thena nee pesara..

Maya: apa pesala va pola..

Maaran: hey enna di ? He whined.

Maya sighed before she shook her head and began to walk out of the bus stop. Maaran sighed before he followed her and took her to their cousin's house.

Maya walked out of the washroom wiping her hair when she noticed a box placed on the bed. She knew it was his work and opened to find a lightweight lehenga.

“ Please di… reception ku potuko.. “

She sighed, folding the note and placing it in the dress before she placed it in her bag.

Maaran came to the living room and Maya tiptoeing to hang the flower strings on the door frame. Even though she was taller, the door frame was at a height that she could not reach. He looked around and found everyone busy in their work before he walked behind her. He rubbed his palms and lifted, making her squeal a little.

Maya: dei enna da panra eraki vidu.. she said holding his shoulder for support.

Maaran: muthal ah Poova podu..

Maya: nee mothal ah eraki vidu.

Maaran: matan nee podu..

Maya glared at him before she hung the strings on the nail at the door frame before tapping on his shoulders.