Chapter 58 - Surprise Offer

Maya stared at the costume that was placed on the table, it was her hard work. She had worked on it for days without proper food or sleep. This competition had been a dream for her for years now, it would have not bothered her if she had lost it after participating. But now she would not even be able to participate and  she could not accept the fact. She was already upset when the dress was spoiled but with confidence Maaran gave, she recreated it once again. Now this hurt her too much, she could not even display her hard work and she felt bad for not being able to guard the belief her college had on her. It was not just her failure but her being the representative of the whole college she had brought failure for the college too. She wrapped herself in a robe and with a guilt of failing her college she left the room. She found the duo missing and walked to the help desk that was on the ground floor.

Maya: Excuse me ?

" Yes, how may I help you ? " The staff asked.

Maya: I am Umayal.. a participant in the show.

" One second.. she flipped the papers that were on the desk. Umayal Elangovan right ?.. Your number 17 "

Maya: Yeah I am aware of it but what is the procedure to withdraw ?

" Withdraw.. she asked in a surprised tone..  May I know what's the problem ? "

Maya: Actually my pair got stuck in a personal problem..

" Why can't you try to get someone else ? "

Maya had already pondered on it, but her brain  just couldn't figure out anyone and the only one it could do was currently unavailable.

Maya: No, I cannot remember anyone.

" Adipaavi rendu naal la enna marantaiya ? "

Maya jerked to a sudden voice and startled to find Maaran infront of her.

Maya: Maara nee ena panra Inga ?

Maaran: Mothala naan keta kelviku pathil solu… he questioned as he pulled her a little away.

Maya: Enna da ?

Maaran: Rendu naal thena di uruku ponan.. athu kula maranta.. Pair pana yarum illa nu solara...

Maya: athu nee oorula iruntha illa.. atha..

Maaran: naan enga oorla iruntha.. Inga illa irukan ?

Maya: Atha da epadi nu kekaran.

Maaran: Athuva athu Ela apram solaran.. mothal va..

Maya: enga ?

Maaran: va di…He dragged her to the help desk.. excuse me..

" Yes "

Maaran: Can you please help to change the pair.

" Sure sir.. one second… she took a form and gave it to him… please fill it up sir I will change the name in the list.. "

Maaran: Sure thank you..

He filled up the form and gave it back to the staff while Maya stood there in both happiness that he was here and in confusion how he was here.

Maaran: ipadiya ninutu iruntha.. show mudinjurum poravalaya ?

Maya: Haan.. she asked in a trance.

Maaran: sutham.. va di late aachu polam.

He dragged her out of the place and walked to the room that was allocated to her.

Maya: ipa vaachu solu da.. nan tha una vara Venda nu sona illa.. apram yen vantha..