Chapter 61 - Trichy visit

Maaran walked into the room to find Maya packing her bag in a hurry. He sat on the bed and kept looking at before she stopped packing and glared at him.

Maya: vendika pakama eduthu veika help panalam illa ?

Maaran: Unaku tha veetulaya dress iruku illa apram yen eduthu vechutu iruka ?

Maya: enna da puthusa kekara.. Trichy la thena dress iruku.. nan anga irunthu coimbatore vara poganum illa.. Trichy la irukarathu house use ku podra dress.. So come help me...

Maaran hummed and helped her pack before they left the room to find Madan and Jenny in the living room. Jenny asked her to wait and left to the kitchen, only to bring back a tupperware.

Jenny: intha ithula sandwich iruku bus la pasicha sapdu..

Maya: Ethuku di ithu Ella pana ?

Jenny: Nee epadi irunthalum Veliya sapda mata.. Pasi odava irupiya.. rice ella bus sapda mudiyum ah nu therila.. atha vechuko.. she said placing the Tupperware in backbag.

Maya: hmm.. neeyum va nu sona enga kekara..

Jenny: amma thayee marubadiyum arambikatha.. Thatha nalaiku vanthruvaru.. nan safe tha irupan..

This was the first time Maya was leaving Jenny behind after their first visit to Trichy a year before. Every time Maya left for Trichy she would take Jenny with her but this time she refused as her Grandfather was seeking to visit. She also could not cancel her plan as it was their second year summer holidays and Maya had already given a lot of excuses of working on Ayesha's projects for not visiting Trichy which was a partial truth. Unable to convince more, she decided to just do a four day visit as she had to leave for Coimbatore for a workshop which Ayesha had asked her to assist. But after Jenny refused to accompany her and a lot of convincing from Jenny's side she decided to take a two day visit along with the workshop.

Madan: Maya bayapadama po.. atha nan irukan illa nan pathukaran..

Maya smiled teasingly: nee nadathu na.. She murmured, earning a glare from her friend.

She had started teasing them openly, initially the duo felt awkward and tried to escape. Later they seemed to be used to it or moreover they did not seem awkward as if whatever said was true.

Madan screwed her ears, making her wince.

Madan: olunga ooruku poitu vara valiya paru..

Maaran: seri seri vidu da avala bus ku late aachu..

Madan: dei Machan nan vena avala kondu poi vidata da ?

He asked in a playful tone earning a glare from him.

Maaran: Venda da nan ah kondu poi vitaran..

Madan: illa da nee tha engayo laptop service pana poganum nu sona illa.. nee po nan avala kondu poi vitaran..

Maaran: onu theva illa.. Maya nee bag eduthutu veliya va.. nan poi vandi edukaran.. dei madan va da..

Even before he could deny Maaran wound his hand around Madan and dragged him out of the house. Once they reached their house, Maaran held Madan's collar and punched on his stomach playfully.

Madan: Aah lusu payala.. yen da adikara..

Maaran: enaiku aachu Jenny ah nan poi pick up panitu varen nu soli irukana ?

Madan: illa athuku ithuku enna samantham ?

Maaran huffed: Ava solara mari nan tube light illa nee tha tube light..

Madan: huh ?

Maaran: Ayoo onu illa nee porumaiya va theri va.. ipa en vazhkai la vilayandatha da.. ala vidu..