Chapter 81 - Her guilt

Maya sat on the attendees bed staring at nowhere in particular while she was cutting the fruits for Jaanu. It was a week after her accident and Maya made sure to accompany her most of the time. She was feeling guilty for not being able to help her and she tried to come out of it by helping her. Latha who has been there for the whole week had just left that morning leaving them alone.

Jaanu: Mathini.. Mathini..

Maya: Haan… she jerked to her and jogged to her.. ethachu venum ah Janu..

Janu: enakku onnum Venda Mathini.. neenga yen oru Mari iruka.. Vitaa kaiyava cut pani irupa

Maya: onu illa.. iru nan unaku fruits tharan…

She sat opposite to her and started feeding her the fruit.

Maya held Janu’s palms in hers: sorry Janu.

Janu: Ethuku Mathini ?

Maya sighed: illa Janu… enaku AB - tha.. mothala blood donation kuda pani irukan.. ana konja naal munadi anemic ah irukan nu pana Venda nu solitanga.. atha..

Janu: ayoo mathini.. ithuku ellama mathini sorry soliva.. nan kuda enna vo etho nu ninachutan

Maya: illa da.. unaku pana mudila nu inum enaku guilty ah iruku..

Janu: Ada po Mathini.. ithu Ella oru vishiyam ah… she looked behind Maya and saw Maaran who stood at the doorstep… Anna Inga paru Mathini enna solaranga nu..

Maaran: enna ?

Janu: Avunga anemic ah iruka naala blood donate pana mudilaya.. athuku sorry ketutu irukanga.

Maaran nodded his head and walked in with a carrier and placed it on a table he sat on the other side of the bed.

Maaran: Ok va kutty ma.. Vali iruka ?

Janu: mothaluku ipa paravala na… Kai tha konja valikuthu…

Maaran: seri airum… ama doctor vanthangala ?

Janu: vanthanga na.. kaal better ah iruka naala.. apdiya methuva nadaka sonanga.

Maaran: seri apa nee first sapdu.. apram nan una nadaka veikaran ok va.

Janu nodded and Maaran served a plate before he fed Jaanu. He noticed Maya sitting facing the other side.

Maaran: avuluku Sethi tha kondu vanthu iruku.. sapda solu..

Janu: neengalum unga sandai uh.. Mathini nee poi sapdu.

Maya: illa Janu enaku Venda..

Janu: kalailayum itha soninga.. una mogatha parunga epadi irukunu.. Poi sapdunga..

Maya nodded and left to serve herself. The lunch time was silent as she had her food and Maaran continued to feed Jaanu.

Maaran helped Janu sit on the bed after he had accompanied her to walk for a little time. Helping her to lay for a nap he covered her with a blanket and sat beside her until she fell asleep. His eyes automatically searched for Maya and found her asleep on the attendees bed. He moved her and covered her with a blanket and sat there staring at her without realizing the time.

-----

Maya was seated on the bench of a park caressing her well grown belly with a constant smile on her face.

Maya: paapa un appa va pathiya oru ice cream vangitu vara ivalo neram… she shook her head.

“ Umaya, Umaya “

Maya frowned as she looked around hearing a familiar but distinct voice.

“ Enna Umaya nan yaru therilaya? “