Chapter 17 - Coincidence or Destiny?

Ajay's eyes narrowed when he felt the same anxiety that he wished would never return came up once again. Not wanting to experience it once again he tried to wake up but he simply could not.

The negative images of two little boys chasing each other - a boy standing frozen in the middle of the road - A truck driving to him and the other boy trying to save him - A lady pushing the boy - The truck hitting the lady.

" Amma "

Ajay screamed his lungs out and woke up straddling and panted looking around his room. He realized the dream and tried to control his racing breath but miserably failed and struggled to breath. His breath went uneven and he felt suffocating and tried to grab the water from the table but pushed it down by mistake.

" Ajay "

Elango, who heard the noises from the room, ran in to find him sitting on his bed with panic but that did not surprise him. This was the umpteenth time Ajay faced this trauma after his mother's demise. Elango pa had been worried a lot and even took him to a psychiatrist which reduced the frequency for the trauma affecting him but still he had it occasionally.

" Appa.. "

He whined like a child while Elango pa hugged him and patted his shoulders. Ajay felt a little comfort and pulled away from the hug looking down.

Elango: Ok va ?

Ajay just nodded.

Elango: Intha intha thaniya kudi..

Ajay silently gulped down the water while Elango pa sighed.

Ajay: keela varaiku ketucha enna?

Elango: illa nan tha late aachu una elupalam vantha..

Ajay frowned : time enna ?

Elango: 8 aachu...

Ajay: ayoo appa mothalaya yen enna elupa... inaiku oru client meeting iruku..

Elango: iru Ajay.. nee ipa anga vanthalum unala concentrate pana mudiyathu...

Ajay: illa pa.. I'm ok nan varen..

Elango: Ajay sona kelu.. nee poi refresh panitu breakfast saptutu rest edu.. meeting ah nan pathukaran..

Ajay nodded before Elango bade bye to him and left the room.

Ajay sighed before trying to calm himself but failing, he decided to refresh and got out of the bed but stopped when he heard the notification in his mobile.

He picked up and was surprised to find a message from Surya. He was not surprised by the timing, this had become the usual for him to receive something from her after each time he experienced the trauma for the past few years. After each time he woke up straddling from the dream, as if knowing his struggle some notification from her would pop up and oddly that would calm him down. He never knew the reason why it calmed him , he tried to analyze but after a point he just liked the calmness it gave and stopped analyzing.

But what surprised him today was her direct message on WhatsApp. All the time her likes for his posts in Instagram and the messages in their family group which he decided not to leave after Maya's completion would calm him but today he received a personal message.

He stared at the name " Surya R " that once Maya saved for her use before opening the message with hesitation.

" Good morning... a lot of struggle might come and go in life but never lose your beautiful smile that would break every struggle into pieces...Have a nice day.. "

And that message brought a smile to his face and all his anxiety flew away. He wondered how she was able to guess his anxiety or was it just coincidence. His attention turned to the phone once again when another message popped up.