Chapter 69

Maya and Jenny were busy packing the bags while they heard the sound of the doorbell. Jenny noticed Maya pausing her action of packing the bag before she continued to work again. Jenny sighed, shaking her head before she left the room to open the door for Maaran who stood at the doorstep. Maaran smiled at her and peeked behind her to get a glimpse of Maya but failed when the door of the bedroom closed. 

Jenny: ulla vanga bro..

Maaran: paravala ella pack panitingala.. ethachu help pananum ah ?

Jenny: illa na.. dresses uh kitchen items matum thena.. panitom..

Maaran: ok da..

He turned to the door and found Maya walking out with a bag. She walked to the main door and placed the bags near the wall and left into the kitchen as if he never existed there. Jenny looked at Maya before looking at Maaran who was looking at her retreating figure with a yearning look.

Jenny: oru nimisham bro varen.

She left into the kitchen to find Maya being on a call and was annoyed when she heard her speak to a neighbor about them vacating the house.

Maya: Move pana aal soli iruntho illa.. pakathula vantanga.. Luggages ella ethitu seekram kelambalam.. namaku bus ku late aachu… 

Jenny: unaka nee panrathu ella seriya iruka ?

Maya: Correct ah tha iruku.. ellama ah pack paniyachu.. movers ku soliyachu.. namaku bus ticket book paniyachu.. vera enna ?

Jenny: ethachu nala solira poran di..

Maya: enna di un prechana?

Jenny: Konja naalaiku munadi namala thapa pesuna vunga kita vacate panratha pathi solara.. pavam di antha mansuhan… oru maasam ah nee oru varathai pesira mataiya nu thavichu irukaru.. avura thirumbi kuda paka matingara?

It has been a month since their break up and Jenny remembered that exact night Maya came back to the house with a determined face. Maya who left the house crying did not let a drop of tear after her return. She did not want to question her immediately so let it pass the night. When she, interrogated about it later the next morning, Maya blankly informed her that everything between them was over. And true to her words Maya never spoke to Maaran who kept going behind her yearning at least a glance from her. Soon after Maya had informed Jenny left to meet a broken Maaran sitting on the couch with dried tear marks.

When Jenny tried to speak to Maya she politely refused. She also did not stop Jenny from talking to him or eachother visiting the house. She would just ignore him by not even looking at face , making him yearn for her. And now after finishing off with their exams they decide to vacate the house and leave for Trichy. Maya compelled Jenny not to leave for the hostel until she left for Bangalore and decided to take her with her. 

Maya stayed silent before she sighed.

Maya: nan onu kekata ?

Jenny: Enna ?

Maya: Madan Anna ah Bangalore poi 5 masam aachu.. Nee yen anna kita pesrathu illa ?

Jenny: Nan madan kita pesathathum.. nee bro kita pesathathum ona ?

Maya: ithuku nan pathil solanum illa.. un manasatchi ah neeya kelu.. athu solu.. ipa va late aachu..

Jenny stood there silently dwelling on Maya’s words which were true. Right from the day Madan left to banglore she had been crying with herself but never dared to talk to him. One of the reasons might be that she wanted to distance herself from him considering her past of losing the people she loved. But the truth was she was hurt when he mentioned about moving on during their last conversation. Even though she feared losing him, her heart still wanted him. She was in a great dilemma of believing her fears and pushing him away or pushing her fears away and accepting him but after he had uttered such a word she wanted to know if he would stay even after she had not contacted him. And with that in mind she had been successful in not contacting even though she yearned for him to do it. Now with Maya's words she knew what Maya was up too. The reason behind their hurt might be different but their thought process to heal themselves was the same.