Chapter 56 ♦ Unbearable temptation

Sand's POV

It was my first day at my new work and I was very nervous to not mess up anything because I really wanted this job. Because I was in contact with Ray's friends, I knew April was looking for recognition for her indie movies and they told me during my job interview that I should take one host with me and I wanted to give her this opportunity. I knew I wouldn't be so nervous if I had someone I knew but it couldn't be any guy who could catch me out of guard.

For my bad luck, Ray didn't listen to my order and called me which was nice and bad at the same time but then he revealed our relationship to the listeners and I knew something like this could cause me to lose my job... I also owed them my explanation.

"Sand, your guest was great and you did a good work as her MC but dragging your relationship into work is not very pleasant."

"I know... I was trying to tell him to not call me..."

"Oh, you can talk during your break but tell him to not interrupt you like this. It could offend your guests as well so keep it outside the work, alright?" I had to ask...

"Sir... you don't mind my fiance is a man?" He chuckled.

"Sand, this is a radio station. We must talk about themes like LGBTQ+ rights and it's actually great we've got someone who understands the community so we wouldn't offend anyone. It's completely alright, don't worry. We also know you worked as a drag queen singer... I'd be glad if you talked about this theme as well, maybe if you knew another drag queens, you could invite them to explain people why do you like to sing with the appearance of the opposite gender... I hope I didn't offend you in any way. As I said, I don't really understand much about it." I shook my head. I just preferred the term "crossdresser" over "drag queen" because I started as a crossdresser and didn't dress myself like a woman just for my performances. Still... this went much better than I expected and Ray is very lucky but I'll still punish him.

"Thank you, sir. I'm glad I passed your exam and can work with my colleagues here now." He nodded and I could finally go since I finished my shift. My precious motorbike was waiting for me in front of the building and I put on the helmet before starting the engine.

When I returned home in the evening after buying groceries, I noticed there was another pair of shoes. It was female's... no, he wouldn't do it. It could be one of the girl's. I don't know what shoes they are wearing.

"Ray? I'm home!"

"Oh Sand!" I saw him lying in our bed with a very young girl who had a wet cloth on her forehead. She had comfy clothes on her self and Ray was reading her a book. I was confused as I didn't know what was happening but he quickly approached me.

"Sand, welcome home!" He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"I know you were too busy so I didn't tell you yet. Let me introduce you to my step-sister." He pointed at the girl and she waved at me with a smile on her face.

"Oh, you don't look similar to each other so I couldn't tell... so it's your step-sister. Did you kidnap her?" I whispered the last word. I don't know what he was trying to do but it didn't look very legal.

"No! No, Sand! She's the one who wanted to play the song in your radio station. She... her parents are toxic to her and she's is very confused about the pregnancy so I offered her to live with us for a while. I hope you don't mind." I was relieved actually. He was not only taking care of his health now... I don't want him to carry to much on his shoulders but he looked happy when he was talking about his sister.

"Did you offer her something? She must be hungry."

"Oh, I bought us take out food."

"She's pregnant, Ray, I think she should eat more healthy food."