Chapter 51 ♦ Maybe a kid (15+)

Sand's POV

While Ray was dealing with the parents of the donor to get his transplant, I was regularly coming to my therapist as Ray wanted to keep my part of the promise.

Even though Ray was doing his best to help me gain back my confidence, I started to be more scared when I was walking in public places... every time I took a step out of our apartment, I was reminded of all the things that happened to me... kidnap, assault in the convenience store, fake pornography with my face and the attack in the club. It was starting to be unbearable and even with Ray's support and protection, I felt too vulnerable walking among all of the people. Their looks always seemed judgmental. As if they've seen through me and my secret... I was telling this to my therapist and she always praised Ray for being my comfort, the person I trust the most, the person I want to marry and live the rest of my life with him.

Even though I had stopped smoking since Ray was fighting that hard and I didn't want to discourage him, I always had to light at least one cigarette when the anxiety got me in the grocery store or any other place outside of home... I didn't even know anymore if I wanted to return to the club but I didn't want to disappoint Ray. He's been fighting so hard to keep a place for me there and I'd ruin it all if I ended it... I couldn't do it. Not after everything he went through because of me.

"Oh, Sand? Is that you?" Unexpectedly, I met Mew on my way home. He was just walking side by side with Boeing who was holding heavy bags.

"Hi guys, we haven't met in a long time."

"Yes, it's not every day you go out without dragging Ray with you-." Mew bumped into him.

"Don't mind him, we are glad to see you after what we learnt from Talay..." Boeing shook his head at him and I was confused.

"Did something happen? He didn't contact me for a few days which would be normal if it weren't him." Boeing stroked his cheek and Mew bit his lip. They were acting suspicious.

"Hey, it's nothing, you shouldn't be bothered with it. Tell me, how is Ray?" Even though I wanted to know what they meant, I also wanted to focus on something else.

"He's just dealing with his transplant. Since he stopped drinking alcohol and had a strict diet, he started to feel better and also thanks to his pills but it'd be just temporary without the transplant."

"That's really great but if he didn't make it to your wedding, you know you can always have a replacement-." Mew pulled his ear.

"Do you dare to flirt with someone else in front of my salad?" Mew devilishly smiled at him and I already knew who was going to sleep on the couch tonight.

"No, babe! I'm just teasing!" I laughed. I guess I missed some of my people.

"Also Boeing... do you have any news about the proceeding? Should I find a lawyer?"

"I found one for you myself since you've had a lot of struggles to deal with. I'm sorry I didn't contact you but I needed to find the best so those two bastards wouldn't get lighter punishment. Sorry, Mew."

"It's fine... I just feel disappointed." Mew's cheerful personality quickly faded away when his ex was mentioned. He didn't know how much I got him right now... we've gone through the same which was making us closer.

"Thanks... I really didn't have time to find one myself. I finally got rid of the stitches but now I'm too worried about Ray..." Mew put his hand on my shoulder.

"Stay strong, you can always visit us, right Boeing?" He agreed way too much which made Mew frown.

"Sand, how do you do it? Making dogs from players, I'd need your advice."