Chapter 35 ♦ Getting worse

Ray's POV

I took Sand into my care and did everything to make him feel better but I already decided that if his wound was getting worse, I'd take him to hospital no matter what the consequences would be.

Well... I should also call Talay even though I'd rather keep Sand to myself... he's lucky that Sand wouldn't forgive me if I did that so I called him.

"FUCK, RAY!! I WAS WAITING SO LONG!!" He shouted into my ear and I started to have a headache.

"Why didn't you call yourself then?"

"I DIDN'T KNOW HOW LONG YOUR RESCUE MISSION COULD TAKE SO I WAITED FOR YOUR CALL! DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS?!!!" Poor Boat... he had to be all day with this drama queen.

"Okay... just come see Sand for yourself. He's injured and has a fever but he should be fine in a couple of days... just don't shout when you come. He needs to rest."

"IT'S YOUR FAULT! But I'll do what I can..." He hung up and I had to sit down. I sent him my address and he arrived and a few minutes together with his boyfriend who probably drived otherwise someone would die in a car accident.

He aggressively knocked on my door which made me think those guys after Sand are back but it was just those two.

"Let me in!" That asshole pushed me away and went to look for Sand.

"Don't worry, he'll calm down when he sees Sand breathing."

"You are pretty confident about it... what about Top and Ton? Did it somehow settle down?"

"Boeing informed us that Top knew about Mew and him so their plan to get proves about him taking drugs failed but they have a recording of Top admitting he intended to hurt Sand. Sand will need to confess what happened in the court..." I felt nervous about it. What if Sand will have trauma after what happened? Will he be able to even talk about it?

"And what about Ton? Will he get out of it?"

"Probably..." That Nick won't say anything. I'm sure of that and words are not even enough.

We went to the living room to see Talay crying over sleeping Sand.

"It's all my fault! If I didn't cheat... Top would have no connection to you and you wouldn't be in this state now... I shouldn't be alive..." Is he on his periods?

"Lay, calm down! It's not your fault!" Boat put his hand on his shoulder. I know I'm a bastard for thinking this but if Talay didn't cheat, I wouldn't get my Sand! I'm so lucky he messed up and didn't get second chance.

"What...? Talay...?" Sand started waking up from his long sleep. He immediately touched his leg and I pushed Talay away to look at his wound.

"It's still swollen and pretty red... Boeing stitched up his wound but there had to be some infection in it when Sand spent a whole day in such a dirty basement! I should kill at least one of them but that wouldn't help Sand at all...

"Hey, my boss was a doctor before so maybe he could help."

"And test new drugs on Sand?! No way!" Me and Talay said at the same time.

"I wouldn't let him. He'd just take care of his wound so his injury wouldn't get worse."

"If we took him to hospital, would they believe us that mafia kidnapped him? That Sand wasn't just a thief caught in an attack?" We shook our heads at Talay's question.

"I'll try it... sssgh." Sand hissed and I bandaged his leg again.

"So should I call him?" Talay looked at me and together we nodded. Sand's health was our priority in the end.