Chapter 54 ♦ Back home (15+)

Ray's POV

One week later, I was finally undergoing rehabilitation. It was actually relaxing and entertaining for the time being. I could stretch my body. I worked mainly on my belly muscles so I was squatting a lot or doing a dog position and stretching my legs. It was very good for my spine. The physiotherapist was very nice to me, much nicer than the annoying doc.

"You improved a lot, Ray, over the three days. This way... you'll be released from the hospital soon." I smiled and nodded. After the rehab I was usually studying or reading but mainly studying. After seeing Syrup... I got somehow motivated to work on my education in which I slacked off so often. I had a lot to catch up with and ask Mew for a better explanation of each term.

Then I waited for Sand's short visit and he always hugged me or kissed my cheek. Nothing more because that jerk next to me snitched on us to the doc... I guess I shouldn't be so honest with him.

I was just reading in peace when the door opened... someone with no manners so probably the doc but the person was actually... the man who completely ditched me from his life. I frowned at him.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I shouldn't stress... I really shouldn't and if it got worse, I'd call the nurse.

"I need to talk to you about something important... at least listen to me."

"Why should I do that? You hurt me, you hurt my fiance, what the hell do you want?!" He smirked like some maniac.

"So you are even engaged to him... good for you though I don't really know where you want to marry him or where they'll allow you to."

"You won't believe it but I promised him to have our wedding in New York City. It doesn't concern you, you are not even invited." He sighed and sat down on the empty spot of my bed. I moved my legs away from him.

"Ray... I'll ask you for one last favor..."

"You've got the audacity to come here and tell me this?! How did you even know I'm here?!"

"Sand... he visited me. He wanted me to know, just to inform me about your state, nothing more. It was me who made him tell me more." It wasn't Sand's fault... he saw how bad I felt about my family situation.

"So? What favor is it again? Move to a different country to not cause you trouble in Thailand?" He took a deep breath...

"You know I had a wife..."

"Yes but you didn't tell me much after involving yourself in my life."

"The thing is... my biological daughter..."

"I have a sister?!"

"Step-sister to be correct. She's just 20."

"And what about it? Should I treat her as my sister suddenly?" He shook his head.

"Ray... she's pregnant. She doesn't even know with whom. She just stayed overnight at some party but got so drunk that she woke up naked next to one of those guys there. She's very upset about it and doesn't know what to do. She doesn't remember anything. She doesn't know if she was raped or if it was consensual. All she knows is that she's pregnant and still has time to go to the abortion."

"Then what's the problem? Just pay it for her." He put his hand on my shoulder and I felt so uncomfortable.

"It's my first grandchild and I can't expect any from you... help me convince her to give birth to it. To a girl or a boy... unlike her, you have a stable life now and a loving partner, almost husband. She wouldn't be able to love her child... what I want to say is... could you take care of the baby? I'll continue supporting you! Just help my grandchild!" He even bowed down... no hard feelings for his own son but for a grandchild yes. But his daughter was born from love, not a stupid mistake like me. However, if I had biological kids, he'd never appreciate them unlike like hers.