Chapter 14 ♦ Getting closer

Ray's POV

I told Sand to wait for me at home. He was just in his part-time job which made me worried after learning more. And his ex... if Sand actually met him, he could leave me for him but I hope he won't do that. I already accepted Mew will never love me and my longtime loneliness was gone when I found him in Y.O.L.O. That's actually the only thing I could thank Ton for but he doesn't deserve any thanks for playing with people's lives like this.

What bothers me... Ton was never smart enough to hack someone or find dirt on anyone... does he have someone skilled by his side? That'd be a problem if it was him sending material about Sand to his boss but unfortunately Ton never introduces us to his hook-ups. Probably because it'd make them feel they have some chance. I'd laugh so much if they made him a jealous scene.

While Sand was still working, I tried to find his ex on social media. The problem is... there were so many Talay's and I had no clue how he looks like!!
I found Sand's profile and looked at his posts but he had to delete all of them.
I looked at Top's profile then and found a post with the title: My new boyfriend but he didn't tag him nor mention his name.
The face... I looked again at all of those Talay's and found the same face!
He didn't have much in his profile but because he worked in some anti-drug centre, he had his contacts there. Not his private number, just to his work so I decided to call there. After a LONG while a nurse picked up the phone.

"Hello, miss. I just wanted to ask if Khun Talay is at his work."

"Actually... he's been missing for a few days and is nowhere to be found. I don't think I can help you, sir."

"Thanks for the information." I hung up and almost crushed my phone. Does Top have anything to do with his disappearance?! I was as lost as in the beginning! I don't even want to know much about his ex but he's important for my plan to get on Top with his connections and knowledge.

Sand arrived late at night on his motorbike. I actually felt bad that he still had to work at two jobs but he doesn't trust me enough to tell me more about his life and I can't do anything about it.

He saw me drinking on the couch and sat next to me.

"You are seriously addicted."

"No hello? But I have to admit I needed it after today."

"Some happened?" I wrapped my hand around his neck.

"I just... heard few things from Top."

"Wait! You know him?!" He quickly got up. I nodded and had another shot.

"My friend... is his boyfriend." He looked schocked. Very shocked.

"So it is like this... are you with Top?! Are you trying to make my life a living hell like him?!" I hugged him behind tightly. Seeing him shaking makes me want to punch Top so much.

"Sand, calm down! Think a little about it! I wouldn't do what I did if I was on his side!"

"It could be just to earn my trust... I can't trust people who are talking to Top!"

"Sand! Fine! I'm gonna tell you but you have to believe I hate him as much as you do!" He got off my embrace but waited for my explanation while he drank my shot.

"His boyfriend... is actually my crush on whom I gave up. And you know what's the worst? That I can see how Mew genuinely loves Top but doesn't see how bad he is! He didn't mind talking shits about you in front of me and I heard something about you when I eavesdropped on him." He sat down...

"I see... so that's how it is. I saw his boyfriend when he confronted me at my work." Wait... did he drag Mew into that place?!

"Sand, I know about your work. Don't tell me you are selling drugs!"