Chapter 6 ♦ The one behind it all

Sand's POV

On my way from work I bought the newspaper mom was talking about and cigarettes. I already spotted people and their judging eyes. They must have recognized me immediately.

The photo... it wasn't the one from Y.O.L.O, heck Ray was not even there with me. Boston had to have other sources. I immediately crumpled it and threw it in the nearest trash can.

I don't care if people look at me with disgust now. I care about people around me and also the doors that have just closed for me. This makes me think... how hypocritical this world is. They make Pride festivals for the show and show "support" to people with different sexuality. They take as many pictures with black gay people as they can to kill two flies in a row but when it comes to different behavior, they let you know you don't belong among them.

As a pansexual, classmates judged me a lot but my boyfriend helped me. He was proud of himself and was open about his sexuality but in the end he was one of the people I hate the most. The ones who are fake.

I lighted a cigarette and inhaled the smoke. It was refreshing after a long tiring day. Suddenly I bumped into someone as I wasn't looking at the road.

"Oh sorry about that." What a coincidence. He sounded like-. I looked up and stayed stunned in place.

"Talay..." I backed away when he was trying to help me up.

"Sand!" My heartbeat was so loud right now. Of course I meet Top and the boyfriend he stole from me at the same day. He stayed in his place and bowed down his head.

"I... Sand, I wanted to meet you again but under other conditions..."

"Like what?"

"Now it looks like I met you on purpose after I saw the news..." My eyes widened, it got even to him.

"Hah, so you must be even more disgusted, right?"

"No! Of course not! I... always wanted to apologize for being so cruel to you. I know you must hate me now, I would hate myself too... I should understand you the most out of everyone but instead of that..."

"Don't talk about it anymore, it's in the past."

"Are you forgiving me?"

"Hell no."

"Thought so... and how are you doing right now besides the thing in the news?" I turned away.

"Nothing much, debts are still increasing due to high fees, job pays less, I lost my friends... but I found people who helped me continue my life. What about you? How long did you last with Top?" He looked upset.

"Just one week, he cheated on me unsurprisingly but I had enough time to find information on him." I was not surprised at all. People like him don't change but everyone falls for his charisma besides me.

"Huh? Like what? I know about drugs."

"So you know about one thing."

"There's something else?"

"I don't know if I should tell you..." I frowned at him.

"Don't you think I deserve at least that after what you put me through?!" He sighed.

"Among his long line of sex partners... there was one who was HIV positive. It was later, I could not catch it from him but... I know from the source that Top didn't want to do anything about it even after he learnt the truth so he may be just spreading it purposely now which is against the law but you don't have it from me!" I smirked. And how lucky I'd be if that person was Boston but I have to keep this information safe until I find evidence. Drugs, spreader of HIV... that could give him at least 10 years in cell.