Chapter 21 ♦ The Greatest betrayal

Ray's POV

I had to trust Boat and that shameless Sand's ex but I didn't know how I could talk to Mew. How to tell him that his boyfriend might be HIV positive without him freaking out or getting upset?

I saw him in front of our hostel lying on a lounger. Fortunately, Top was nowhere to be around so he went here just to relax his mind.

"Mew? Could I talk to you?"

"Oh Ray... of course. Do you need some advice from an inexperienced guy like me?" So they still didn't do it!

"Can I ask you... did you sleep with Top?" He opened his eyes widely.

"Don't tell me you are in it again! This would hurt Sand!"

"No! No! You've got it wrong! I just... I should tell you something important."

"What is it then? And what does it have to do with sex between me and Top?"

"Mew, he... had a boyfriend who is HIV positive. He found out some time after he broke up with Top but there's still possibility that Top's positive... I just wanted to ask you... if you could force him to get tested. For your good." He raised his eyebrow.

"Who do you know it from?"

"Sand's... ex boyfriend. But you can't tell Top. Top actually stole his boyfriend so it took Sand a long time to trust me..." Mew didn't doubt me anymore.

"I knew Top had a lot of guys before but this... that he was able to even steal someone's partner... I don't know if I should be with him... but I really like him, Ray!" He clenched his fists and I stroked his shoulder.

"Hey, if he's clear, you can stay with him." But then I remembered... that he's two-timing...

"Anything else you know about him?" He asked coldly and I didn't know what to do.

"Mew... are you sure that... Top has just you?"

"What do you mean? What do you know?!" I swallowed. Suddenly Ton approached us with Syrup and some other boy.

"Guys, I'd like to introduce you to Nick." I frowned at him.

"Hey everyone, I'm-."

"My fuck buddy I told you about." Poor guy.

"Ton! You can't introduce him like this! Look at him!" Nick was really upset but he must have known what he was getting himself into.

"Sorry, sorry, my friend with benefits." I'd throw him to the pool here if he introduced me like this. Would he talk about Top like this as well?

"Ray, what were you gonna say?" Mew ignored them and wanted to get the answer from me but I seriously couldn't tell him now.

"What was he gonna say?" And of course Ton butts in.

"That's just between us, something about Sand."

"Oh, that prostitute. I'm going then-."

"Hold up! When will you stop insulting him?!" I walked furiously towards him and pulled his freaking shirt.

"Come on, Ray! He still didn't tell you?!" I smirked.

"Oh, and how did you even fucking get these infos? Did you sleep with his ex?! Or his ex's ex?!"

"What nonsense are you even talking about?" He laughed at me... I'm sorry, Mew...

"You fucking slept with Top! And you still do it behind Mew's back!! Are you calling yourself our friend?! Who'd want a friend like this!" I pushed him to the pool and let him dive in it.

"Boston!" That naive pet of his went to help him and when I looked at Mew, he had an anxious attack.

"No way... he was cheating on me this whole time... how could I've been so stupid...?" I ran towards him and Syrup helped me to move him to more comfortable position.

"Mew! Put yourself together!" Syrup ran to soak a piece of cloth to the pool and didn't forget to splash Ton.

Unfortunately, Ton got out of the pool very soon...

"And what? We slept together when Mew and him were dating. Is it illegal? It's Mew's fault anyway that he waited so long. People like Top can't control their needs-." Syrup came towards him and kicked him into his balls.

"Fuck you, Ton! We trusted you! Take Nick and leave!" He death-stared at us and grabbed Nick's hand... He trained him really well. Now the most important thing was to calm Mew down.

He needed to rest for more than two hours and when he woke up, his happiness was gone.

"Mew, I'm sorry, I didn't-."

"You've done nothing wrong but those who did will never apologize... Ray, I'm going to manipulate Top for you. I'm also curious if it's not Boston who caught it from him." He was so cold... I lost the old Mew and hated Top and myself even more for it...

"You really don't-."

"I should know it! Boston introduces us just to few people he sleeps with so when he introduced Top to us, I should have put two and two together!!" He smacked the table next the bed and got a bruise.

"Mew..."

"It's too late, Ray. I really loved Top and now I'm learning things I should have known from the beginning. Too bad you can't read someone else's mind..." He got up and ran away. From the hostel, he ran away. Good thing he doesn't drive.

When I walked out, Syrup was totally down and cried.

"Syrup?"

"What is it, Ray? Another bad news?"

"Boston never treated us as his friends anyways... you know what he did to Sand..."

"Yeah... I shouldn't talk to him after he hurt Sand, I know but... it hurts much more when he caused pain to your close friend... Sand was a stranger to me back then while Mew... Ray, I'm afraid Mew's gonna do something bad!" She cried and I hugged her. Few words ended our whole friendship. That how fragile our bond was. But I won't give up. Syrup has me and I'll get Mew somehow back on our side.

 Syrup has me and I'll get Mew somehow back on our side