Chapter 16 ♦ Your reason

Talay's POV

Psycho Doc wasn't lying... he seriously dragged me to his house full of cats. Is he Freddie Mercury or what?

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll get you something to drink." I still could not believe what I just witnessed... This guy has two freaking personalities!!

"Talay?" I looked at him and nodded even though I did not listen to what shit he just said.

"Hey... are you like this in your real life or is it just for a show?" He smirked.

"I'm full of surprises. As I said, I do dirty stuff for money and pure hate for drug addicts. I give them more, they are grateful but don't know I'm secretly killing them." Psycho.

"I see we both have a thing for drug addicts. They hate me but I can actually help them, they love you but you actually send them to hell... It makes more sense of what you are doing but I'm seriously trying to be a better person."

"Is Sand the reason?" You did not have to hurt me like this.

"If I said yes?"

"It's just... a shame. He doesn't care about you."

"Who would after what I've done?"

"I do." He gets on my nerves. There's no way he developed deeper feelings for me than sexual attraction in just one day!

"You said you hate Top and want information from me. Is it how you care?"

"Oh, I already forgot about that. You've distracted me, Talay, but now that you've mentioned it... tell me everything." Damn, I should just shut up.

"Top... you know he had a lot of sex partners... wait, why do you hate him that much? Don't tell me you are one of them!"

"I'm not like you."

"Then he stole your boyfriend!"

"Almost right." What can be worse? He saw I couldn't come up with another question.

"Let's just say... one time when he was high and my younger brother was on his way from his part-time job... he didn't find anyone else to fuck." Wait... this is completely new to me.

"I know Top is an asshole but he's not a rapist..."

"I told you, he was too high. Maybe there was something mixed with it... he can't remember it at all..." He just broke the glass with my precious water with his grip.

"Oh... I get your hatred towards drugged people now... I should consider myself lucky I didn't fall into it as well." He sat close to me and wrapped his hand around my neck.

"Talay, have you ever healed some addicts? Is it even possible to save them?"

"It depends... if the person wants to heal himself. The client, for whom I came to the place you were, was one of those who wanted to change but he could not bear it anymore and fell into it again. I should be pissed because my hard work was useless in the end but I admire people who came to me willingly."

"You are so kind." I wish...

"For what I've done, I don't think I can get to this level."

"But at least you are trying to change and work hard for that. I knew there was something about you that made me so interested."

"The knife I stabbed you with?" He laughed.

"You are funny. I don't know, the way you seduced me and your fierce side..." He put his hand on my thigh.

"Don't think too much of yourself! Right now you are in the friend zone era!" He looked surprised but not disappointed.

"Seriously?!" I nodded.

"You understand me and I understand you. It's enough for friendship. But you have to understand that I have to make a deep bond with someone to sleep with him."

"Was it like this with Top as well?" He sees through my lies so easily.

"I don't even think there's a way to make a deep bond with him. He'll show his true colors sooner or later in the end." He agreed and I started to be nervous.

"Hey... how long do you plan to keep me here?"

"Let's say until you develop feelings for me." I crossed my arms. I should know better.

"People will look for me... can't I at least call them?"

"I'm sorry, I can't trust you enough to let you call someone. You should be glad, it increases your chance that Sand will look for you." I bowed my head.

"You wouldn't do anything to him, would you?" He smirked.

"Don't worry, my targets are just drug addicts. I have nothing against crossdressers. They are actually amazing. I had a friend who was one of them and he helped me a lot to get over my past..." I can't judge him. He suffered as well.

"And your brother... if it's not a sensitive theme..." His poker face changed into a face full of sadness.

"In the end... he committed suicide. He couldn't live with it and hated every part of his body because it reminded him of that night... It's been five months." I know I shouldn't do that. He is my kidnapper and I shouldn't get affectionate with him but I had to hug him. No one should be alone during this time.

"Is this your reason why you filled your house with cats?"

"I don't think I'd go through it all without Mici, Nancy, Daisy, Pong, Lupi, Fah, Tali, Minnie, Kuki and Ernie." One of them jumped on his lap and immediately fell asleep. Another cat with white long hair started sniffing me.

"Oh, Pong wants to know you better." I love cats but my clothes... I'll have fur all over them!

"Oh, he is licking my finger, Boat!" He smiled and I realized that was the first time I called him by his name. Shiaa, do I have Stockholm syndrome?

 Shiaa, do I have Stockholm syndrome?