Chapter 3 ♦ Hurricane of feelings

Ray's POV

I was just having another mental breakdown when Mew introduced us to his new boyfriend Top. I hate Ton for even bringing that guy among us when we worked on our project but I listened to his recommendation for once and visited the bar he's praising so much.

When I entered the place, easy girls were already making their way to me, seeking my attention but all I was looking for tonight was to drink myself to death.

When I ordered three shots, the lights aimed at one person at the stage. It was a girl, no, boy, ahh, I must have been already drunk. But no, it was definitely a girl. Her voice was too beautiful for a boy. I loved her singing which even stopped me from my plan to die tonight.

When her long performance ended, I confronted the lady with the hidden agenda to sleep with her but she was more fierce than I thought.

Then I came across her douchebag brother after I lost sight of her. I wanted to follow him but he was faster than he was allowed to.

***

The next day I told Ton about her but he acted like he didn't know who I was talking about so I let it be. I asked my other friends about her as well but no one seemed to hear the name besides Top who looked suspicious but I didn't want to listen to him.

"Oh, is my dear friend in love?" Mew doesn't care at all.

"No, I'm just not used to rejection. I even offered her money!"

"That's what makes her great, Ray! Not like the girls who went into your bed without hesitation!" Syrup was very serious about it because some of the girls, with whom I slept, rejected her before she found April.

"But it still hurts my ego. Even my eyes didn't work." Syrup and Mew rolled their eyes while Ton was on my side.

"You shouldn't waste your time on someone like her, believe me. She probably wants a serious relationship but you are the last guy she would choose for this."

"Thanks a lot, mister who hasn't been rejected by anyone in his life." Ton proudly patted his chest.

"You are seriously proud of being a slut?" Syrup looked at him unbelievably but his expression didn't change.

"Then go to that place again, Ton will help you find her."

"What? Me?"

"Ray is your friend! Do it for him! For the sake of his heart!" Syrup didn't stop pushing him into it and Ton in the end agreed.

"At least... I can have fun there."

"Don't you have someone now?"

"Nah, we are just fuck buddies, nothing serious." Syrup's face was clearly disgusted while Mew didn't look that surprised.

"Okay, I met her on Friday night so she should be there that day as well." Ton just smirked or was it just my imagination?

"Did your preference change, Ray? You've dated boys recently." I spit my drink when Mew asked me that.

"No, I'm still more into guys but being bisexual gives me the benefit to be interested in more people. And it wasn't her appearance that made me interested but her voice." Ton laughed while Syrup genuinely smiled.

"I can't recognize you, Ray. You've never cared about anything else. I feel like a proud mom right now!" She hugged me and I was glad to have a sister like her.

***

On Friday night I brought Ton with me but he knew this place inside out. I couldn't find Sandy anywhere but her idiotic brother was just drinking two shots in a row.