Chapter 38 ♦ Asshole father

Sand's POV

When I woke up in the morning, I found an empty space next to my side which scared me.

"Ray?!" I shouted and Ray came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his sexy waist.

"Aww, are you looking for me, Sandy ♥?" I rolled my eyes.

"I already thought you went to see your father..." He sat down next to me on the bed and massaged my palm with his thumbs.

"I wanted to but I didn't want to make you worried. I'd rather stay in bed with you for the rest of my life!" He clung onto my neck with his hands and I stroked his wet hair.

"I'll go with you... maybe he won't be so harsh at you when I'll be with you."
He bowed his head.

"What if he uses violence...? I couldn't stand it if he hurt you..."

"Ray... did he abuse you as a child?" He didn't say anything but his trembling gave me the answer.

"So the scars I found on your body... they are from him..."

"I don't want to think about it. I just want to be happy with you... that's all I ask for. Sand, I will... go to that rehab." Huh? But that's so great!

"To all of your addictions?"

"Just alcohol, cigarettes and drugs... you are my biggest drug, Sand, I don't want to get rid of you!" I let out a small laugh. He's so clingy.

"Uhmm, Talay specializes mainly on drugs but I'm sure the rehab is not so different. The most important thing is that you have a will to stop."

"You are my will, Sand. I'll do anything to make you happy." I love him so much.

***

After we had our breakfast which Ray made as my mother was already gone, we set out on our way to his father. I wanted to be his support in his dark times so he wouldn't do something stupid again and was able to withstand it.

His father let us in and we sat down in the dining room.

"I didn't think you are such a coward, Ray, bringing your boyfriend to guard you." I frowned.

"Could you not speak like this to him-?" I wanted to oppose but Ray grabbed my hand under the table.

"I came as you wanted and I don't want to hide anything in front of Sand. Unlike you, he's always been there for me." He slammed the table and startled me.

"IS THIS HOW YOU TALK TO ME AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR YOU?! YOU WOULDN'T LIVE SUCH A LUXURIOUS LIFE WITHOUT ME, RAY!"

"AT LEAST MOM WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!" Ray shouted back at him.

"DON'T YOU BRING YOUR MOTHER INTO IT! HER DEATH IS A TRAGEDY!"

"THAT'S A LIE! YOU'VE BEEN HITTING HER TOO!! SHE OVERDRUNK HERSELF BECAUSE OF YOU!!" This time I wasn't fast enough to stop him and Ray received a slap on his cheek. I immediately stood up and wrapped my hands around him.

"Violence is not a solution! Ray suffered enough! Please, if you don't trust Ray, trust me! I'll help him with his rehab!"

"Such a freeloader as you? I'm sorry but I looked at you. Your mother has a problem with drinking and she brought you up alone. Since you struggle with loansharks, besides studying you have to take other part-time job and one of them wasn't far from prostitution-." Ray punched him into his face.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK LIKE THIS ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND! Sand is the best person I've ever met and I won't let you insult him and his family!" He grabbed my hand and we slowly walked away due to my leg.