Chapter 22 ♦ Assault

Sand's POV

Seeing Talay again... it sure made me realize there's no way I can forget him and that if I didn't have Ray, I'd probably forgive him and take him back but Ray shows me how special I am and that it's not me who has to make compromises.

I was afraid Boat would be toxic and that I'd see bruises on Talay or even signs of abuse but no, they both looked pretty well which made me relieved and Talay wants to continue in his work with Boat and after talking to Boat, I have no problem with it. When Ray and Talay left us to make coffee, I had to ask Boat about some things.

"Can I just ask... if your intentions with Talay are pure?" He smirked.

"More pure than his with you but I get your worry. I also know about your life and Talay really hates himself for what he did to you. He talked just about you. Should I be jealous?"

"Oh come on, he's just feeling guilty but I don't think he loves me. I just don't see it anymore in his eyes when he says it... I always see guilt."

"I also think that this is the case but I can't devalue his feelings. By the way... I hope you know what you are getting yourself into when you mingle with Ray. Don't ever take drugs from him."

"He wouldn't do anything that'd cause me harm! I know he takes it but he promised to stop for me... he just needs more time so I'd like to ask if you could let him be." He thought about it longer.

"Sand... do you know Nay and Jay?" I was shocked! What do they have in common?!

"Yes... they are my friends."

"Then it's settled. I could even help him get out of it."

"How did me knowing Nay and Jay change your mind?" He crossed his arms.

"Nay helped me a lot... when my brother was raped. I could never return him his favor so I at least want to help his friend. When I saw how happy he was with Jay... I wanted it too but no one impressed me as much as Talay. That's why I'd like to ask you to not hurt Talay in any way, even though I know you have right for it."

"Hey, you are not bad at all! If you weren't a drug dealer, I'd say you are perfect for him." He smiled.

"I would stop for him but no until I can find justice for my brother. I should probably tell you more about Top... it was him, the rapist." My jaw dropped and I didn't know what to say.

"But Mew... he doesn't deserve this."

"You are worried about someone your boyfriend liked?" I nodded.

"Why the sad face? Look, I'll show you my cats."

"You have cats?!" Okay, he's totally right for Talay!

But I was really surprised that he talked to me so friendly. He doesn't go against Talay's wishes... is he the reason? Or because I know his friends...

***

Ray told me he'll pay his friends a visit and that he's going to warn Mew. I had work that day so I couldn't give him my support. At the convenience store, I saw few weird looking people.

They looked like some paid gang. I decided to use the backdoor but they saw me and followed me.

"Hey open! You are the one we are looking for!" And this is the reason why I should open? Toodles.

I knew they couldn't get inside but I rather went to find a bat my boss gave me for disobedient customers. Before I could lock the front door as well, they surrendered me and captured one guy who just wanted cigarettes... shit.