Chapter 32

"Liam, it's not your fault" Harry and the others have told me a hundred times. "You should go home and get some rest"

But I refuse to leave Niall's side.

I watched as his even paler body lay down lifeless on his hospital wing. Did I look like this when I got into that car accident??

"We have to get going though Liam. It's past midnight. Are you sure you're staying here?" Louis asked.

I nodded at them and murmured. "Thanks for accompanying me"

"Of course. Niall is our friend as well, Liam, and we're not cruel enough to let you go on your own" Zayn reassured. "Don't stay up too late. Get some rest" he said for the millionth time and I just nodded and brushed it off once again.

A minute after they left, my parents came rushing in the room. "Liam? Liam? Are you okay? What happened to Niall?" my mum asked frantically.

"He got hit by a car" I started crying again. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve but it was still pretty soaked from earlier.

"We left the house as soon as one of your classmates called us" my dad said. Oh right. They still think my boyfriend is my only friend. "Where are Niall's parents?"

"They're in Ireland" I say. I laced my fingers between Niall's again, ignoring the way his palms felt cold and limp against mine.

"Ireland? While their son is here, close to death!" my mum said furiously. Great. Thanks a lot mum.

"Liam. Why don't we go home first and visit Niall tomorrow" my dad said calmly while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"But he'll be left alone!" I protested.

"The nurses will take care of him. How do you think Niall will feel when he finds out that you cried and stayed up all night just for him? Niall would want you to take care of yourself" mum said and I sighed.

I looked at Niall one last time and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I nodded at my parents and they both held my hands as we walked out of the hospital like they used to when I was a kid whenever they needed to reassure me that everything's gonna be alright.

I wasn't able to sleep that much though. All I thought about all morning is if Niall's gonna be okay. If Niall's gonna wake up.

I gulped as I thought of the worst case scenario. What if Niall doesn't wake up for 2 months and by the time he does, I'm already gone? As I thought about this, my whole body started to ache again. Not just my bones but I felt like my lungs were gonna pop any time soon.

I started to cry. No. No. I should think about Niall. Happy, bubbly Niall. Who happens to be in the hospital because of me.

No. Stop it Liam. Just think about your good memories with Niall. Like your date in the beach and when your parents almost caught you in the mall.

I thought about the beach and how the ocean just flowed peacefully along with is. And with that memory, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, there was a small pool of blood  underneath me. I quickly got the sheet and threw them in the laundry before my mother could see it.

I went to the bathroom and took off my shirt. "Shit" I said as I saw that there was a huge scar on my abdomen. I grabbed a towel and started wiping it. Should I tell my mum? No. I don't need her worrying about me. I need her to drive me to the hospital and see Niall.

"Hey guys" I say. Harry, Zayn and Louis were already sitting on the chairs beside Niall's bed when I arrived.