Chapter 23

I woke up to the feeling of Niall's warm body tucked between mine and the leaves breaking down underneath us. 

"Niall?" I whisper gently. I just need to see if this is a dream.

"Mmmm" Niall groaned without opening his eyes.

"Are you real?" I ask.

Niall chuckles and finally opens his eyes. "Of course I am" he says, his blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

"I actually thought you were never gonna talk to me ever again" I say, my arms wrapped tightly around his body. I'm too scared that he might leave me again.

"Did you honestly think I could resist not talking to you?" Niall chuckled.

I sighed deeply and smiled at him, finally pulling away.

I looked at the sun and squinted slightly as it hit my eyes. Then it all came crashing back to me. "My parents are so gonna kill me" I say.

"Did you tell them where you were going?" He asks. I shake my head.

 "I didn’t think so either" Niall chuckles again and I've never heard anything more comforting.

We watched the sunlight spread towards the whole town. We were just holding hands and not caring about anything or anyone. It's a nice feeling actually. Being in such a euphoric state that nothing else matters anymore.

That is, until Niall's phone rang. 

Niall sat up and I followed him. He gave me an apologetic look before getting his phone from his pocket.

As soon as he slides it open, I notice that he has rejected a total of 234 calls and 50 messages already.

He presses the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" he says.

"NIALL! WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? HAVE YOU SEEN LIAM? I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM LAST NIGHT BUT HE HANGED UP--"

"He's with me" Niall cut Harry off before he could scream any further.

This time, Louis' voice came on. "ARE YOU TWO FUCKING SERIOUS? WE'VE BEEN Worried ABOUT THE BOTH OF YOU FOR a WHOLE WEEK. WE EVEN GOT A MONTH'S WORTH OF ETENTION BECAUSE COWELL CAUGHT US TRYING TO CUT CLASS"

And then Zayn's. "Well actually it's 2 weeks for trying to cut and cutting and another 2 weeks for setting cowell's pants on fire"

"You set Cowell's pants on fire?" Niall asked incredulously.

"Well yeah. We thought he ruined your lives so we decided to ruin his, starting with his pants" Zayn chuckled calmly.

"Thanks guys. You don't know how much we love you" I pipe up.

"WELL I'M NOT ACCEPTING YOUR LOVE UNTIL YOU TREAT US TO NANDO'S!" Louis shouted from the background. I can hear Harry laughing as well.

Zayn's voice returned. "We're just glad you're both okay. SO where are the both of you now?"

"Somewhere" Niall and I said simultaneously,

"That's nice but second class starts in 5 minutes and unless you're not planning to go to school, you better get you asses here so we can kick it" Harry says.

"We'll be there" Niall says before hanging up.

"I have no other clothes!" I tell Niall. Plus I don't think it's safe to return to my house just yet.

"Then we'll go to mine" Niall grinned before taking my hand and pulling me up.

"What can I wear here?" I ask as I look at Niall's cabinet.