Chapter 7

The next day, the whole school was buried in whispers and mutters. It's like everybody is keeping a secret from everybody else.

I looked around weirdly, none of them are noticing me as usual but something else feels off.

"What the f*ck is this all about?" a voice beside me said, startling me in the process. I turned around to look at Niall and smile at him.

"I have no idea" I reply truthfully.

"Hey guys" Louis said, bouncing to us cheerfully and I can tell from his bubbly expression that he has something to do with this.

"What did you do?" Niall asked, voicing out my thoughts.

"Well, I told people that there's gonna be a huge confession on the rooftop at lunch time, that's when Eleanor and Stan would be making out or something." Louis said a mischievous smile on his face. Although his smile faltered when he mentioned Eleanor and Stan making out.

For a moment, I understood why Louis wanted to get back at Eleanor so much. He really loves or loved her. He must have been really hurt when he found out about Eleanor's infidelity.

"Louis!" Danielle hissed, appearing out of nowhere. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Just trying to get back at Eleanor" Louis shrugged like it was no big deal.

"You'll ruin her life" Danielle said.

"Like she didn’t ruin mine? I loved her; I postpone my pranks when she tells me to. I would always drive to her house immediately whenever she needs me, even if I'm busy. That's how much I loved her and she just threw it away!" Louis said. The funny and mischievous Louis we know is gone.  The Louis before us is broken and sad.

"Louis" Danielle said softly. She was frowning at him like she never really thought he loved Eleanor.

"Whatever will happen later happens" Louis said, turning around so that his back was facing Danielle instead. Danielle took a huff of breath and gave up. Turning around as well and storming into the other direction.

"Louis!" a voice rang out and Louis sighed in relief as he saw Zayn and harry.

"Hey you guys" Louis said.

"There's a rumor going on that there's gonna be a huge confession this lunch on the roof top. I assume you started that rumor?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow and Louis nodded but I can see guilt slowly starting to form in his eyes.

"I wonder who will confess and what that person will confess" Zayn said groggily and he smelled like cigarettes and something I'm not familiar with.

"You're high again" Niall chuckled and I smiled as I listened to Niall.

"Am I bird?? Hooray!!" Zayn said, flapping his wings around and making us laugh.

"Mr. Malik, are you high again?" Mr. Grimshaw, one of the school's teachers called out and I felt the whole group tense.

 "What's wrong?" I asked as the teacher came closer, "I thought Zayn was used to this"

"Yeah but if they find out he's high, they're gonad have to kick him out" Louis muttered and I gulped.

Mr. Grimshaw's face widened as he saw me within the group. But I'm not surprised. I probably look like a small white rat in a cage of dangerous vipers.

"Mr. Malik, you are informed that if you smoke weed or whatsoever on the school grounds one more time,  you will be expelled" Mr., Grimshaw threatened and I can feel Zayn tense slightly behind me even though he's partially unaware of what's happening right now.