Chapter 3

The bell rang. Everyone around me stopped talking for a while and then resumed their chatter, acting like they did not hear the audible noise.

"Aren't you guys going to class yet?" I asked as I stood up.

"Oh right....class" Louis said. The 4 of them looked at each other before shrugging.

'Nahh" Harry said for all of them.

"Why not?" I asked. I have no idea why would anyone think of skipping class.

"Because school is boring and classes are even more boring" Zayn said even though I think he's really high.

"Isn't cutting class bad?" I asked and Niall laughed, causing the others to laugh as well. I haven't really talked to Niall until this very day but I felt really hurt when he laughed at me. I have no idea why though.

"You're so innocent. It makes you look really adorable" Niall said and I blushed. STOP BLUSHING LIAM!!

"Whatever, I’m going to the mall" Zayn said, standing up.

"Would you mind if I go with you?? I need to buy a couple of things for my new prank" Louis asked, clapping his hands together as his eyes glinted with mischief.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"You know what? That sounds like an amazing idea" harry said, standing up after Lou and nudging at Niall to do the same as well.

Niall looked at Harry and then me hesitantly before shrugging and standing up as well. "You're not coming?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"Too bad” Harry shrugged and started walking away, followed by Zayn and Louis.

"You really don't want to come?" Niall asked me and my heart skipped at how concerned he was for me but then maybe he's just doing it to be polite.

"Nahh" I answered and he just shrugged and ran after Harry, Louis and Zayn.

As I sat at the back of the classroom, I couldn't help but feel slightly bored. I wonder what those four are doing right now. Probably causing havoc together. If one is already a handful, all four of them together will probably attract the police’s attention already.

I tried to concentrate but failed. I groaned inwardly, I should have joined them in the mall.

I shook my head, why the hell am I suddenly having second thoughts? I never want to cut class; cutting classes can lead to bad consequences. I might get expelled or something.

What about Harry, Niall, Louis and Zayn? They've cut class multiple times before yet they still go to school.

NO! Liam, don’t get influenced by the first people who talked to you. 

I can't help but think of Niall and his concern for me. I can't believe I'm actually glad that he was the one who hit me.

I blushed as I remembered his blue eyes looking into mine when I said no.

Wait, why am I blushing? I'm not gay!

Or at least I think I'm not. I've always found Niall cute but never did my heart start beating for him.

Wait, why is my heart beating???

I groaned quietly as I continued on debating with myself,

"Mr. Payne, are you alright over there?" my teacher called out and I blushed as numerous heads turned to look at me and snickered.

'I-I'm fine" I said and mentally face palmed myself. Stop being weird Liam.

'Anyway..." my teacher droned on about a lesson I don't bother listening to. Trust me; I'm surprised as well because I always listen to every single lesson that goes on in this school.

Maybe this is the change that I've always wanted to happen. But do I really want this??

Yes, I want to be free and not bound to being anti-social but do I really want to stop listening in class? Do I want to cut class?

Things change and I can never predict if they are for the better or for the worse.

As I opened my door to an empty house, I sighed.

'Hey, guess what Liam?" I said.

"What is it Liam?" I replied to myself.

"I got some new friends!" I said cheerfully.

"Really, that's great! Who?" I asked.

"You know Just Niall, Louis, Zayn and Harry" I said.

"Aren’t those guys quite the trouble makers?" I asked.

"Yep! I don't know if we're actually friends though, but they sat with me during lunch" I said.

"Should you be happy or annoyed?" I asked.

"I have no idea" I answered and then shook my head. Why am I even talking to myself?? I've gone crazy.

I went to my room and plopped on my bed. I looked around. The new color of my room is nice, I can't believe I just thought of changing it now, yet it still seems so empty.

I know! I need to put posters of bands around my room! But the problem is, I don't know any bands, my mother always told me to listen to classical music instead.

I got my laptop from my bedside table and opened YouTube. I typed in "All Time Low" since most of my classmates seem to like them.

After listening to most of their songs, I found myself downloading them and listening to more songs from more bands.

I was too caught up in listening to all these new music that I didn't notice when mum walked in the room because I continued typing in more songs and more bands and letting the music scream out from the speakers in my laptop.

"LIAM!" she screamed through the noise and I almost dropped my laptop.

"Mum! You scared me!" I said.

"You're scaring me from these animalistic sounds" she said, pointing at my laptop, which I still haven't muted, accusingly.

'It's called music, mom" I said, trying my best not to roll my eyes.

"The only music that is decent enough to be called "music" is classical music!" my mom said and I groaned.

"Mum! I'm a teenager! I'm not a kid anymore. You can't expect me to listen to classical music! Everyone else is listening to music like these!" I said.

"But I don't want you to be like everyone else" mum said.

"But you're not me" I said before I could shut my mouth and my mother just stood there, transfixed with a surprised expression on her face.

She didn’t say anything for a full minute and I suddenly got worried.

"Mum?" I asked.

"What's a little music gonna do, right?" my mum asked quietly, talking to herself mostly.

'Yeah, it's just music. It's not like its drugs or anything" I said, shrugging and noticing how my mum flinched at the word "drugs"

"Yeah, dinner's ready. Let's eat" she said quietly and went downstairs and I was both relieved and guilty at the same time. 

As my father handed me a water bottle during dinner, I blushed because my mind went back to that blond haired, blue eyed trouble maker.