Chapter 8

Louis was quiet for the rest of the day and we left it at that. I feel really sad for him and I'm still wondering about Zayn's words.

Love is a trap? But I thought love was one of the abstract things that make everyone else happy. But who am I to speak? I have never fallen in love.

The next day though, everything was back to normal except for a couple of people showing their sympathy to Louis.

"I'm sorry" a girl said and Louis just shrugged.

"Have you seen Niall?" I asked, trying to change the topic and thankfully, Louis grinned at me.

"Awww, do you miss your boyfriend?" Louis asked with fluttering eyelashes.

"n-no!" I stuttered, "I was just wondering where he is and he's not my boyfriend and I'm not gay!" I said the last part hesitantly.

"Oh sure" Harry snickered, "you're not gay and nobody wants a piece of me"

"You don't have to pretend you like Niall y'know. We can perfectly see it" Zayn chuckled as I blushed. Am I that obvious?

"Don't worry, you're not at all hopeless" Louis said, patting my back.

"Huh?" I asked, shooting him a questioning look.

"Nothing" Louis said quickly. I was about to ask what he meant but then the bell rang and I got my bag and started walking towards my class.

I turned around and realized that they were still standing on the same spot as they were before. "Are you guys going to class?" I asked even though I already have a hunch of what their answer will be

"Nahh, too lazy" Zayn shrugged and the other two boys agreed.

"It's not bad to go to class for once you know" I tried to reason out but they're still not convinced. I sighed and debated with myself whether or not I should go to class or hang out with them instead.

The three of them watched me make up my mind and I just shrugged "You three have fun okay?"

"C'mon Liam do something bad for once" Harry said.

"I already skipped class yesterday, I don't want to skip again" I said although the real reason why I don't want to go with them is that Niall isn't with them.

'But didn't it feel nice to just lie down under the sky and just sleep and chill instead of worrying all about school?" Zayn said and I thought about how relaxed I was yesterday.

I gulped and thought about it. "Fine" I said. Yep, these boys have influenced me.

"What are you waiting for? Put that back in your locker and let's go!"

"What if a teacher catches us?" I asked. This is a bad idea. We are currently casually walking around a mall and I'm scared because any time now, a teacher might decide to go shopping and catch us instead.

"Quit worrying. We'll spot them before they spot us" Louis said.

"Plus teacher don't really go to malls unless school is done" Harry reassured, "That's what Grimmy said" and I just nodded.

I got a playful slap at the back of my head from Zayn. "Stop being so paranoid. Eventually, you're gonna realize that not everybody is actually following you back" He said.

It's true. It's not like my parents are gonna be in the mall at this hour. They're probably in work and if Harry trusts Mr. Grimshaw then I guess I have to as well.

"So, what do you guys want to do now?" I asked, finally letting go of the tension.

"I actually want to buy some new Toms" Louis said.