Chapter 22

The moment I woke up, my eyes felt heavy and I couldn't open them.

My mum knocked on my door. "Wake up! You're gonna be late!" and then left quickly. 

I groaned as the memories of last night entered my mind once again. My baby Nialler. They took him away from me. 

What's the point of going to school if he's not gonna talk to me anyway. Wait! Maybe he will! But then my parents most likely would have asked all the teachers to keep an eye on me. 

I groaned and gave up trying to open my eyes. I just want to sleep forever. At least there's a possibility that I can see Niall in my dreams.

My mother started banging on my door once again. "LIAM! WAKE UP!"

"OKAY!" I shouted back. I rarely shout back at my mum despite every torturous thing she made me do but I have my limits as well.

I heard her sigh in frustration from outside my door and I only got out of bed when I was sure that she left.

I took a shower and wore anything. What's the point in trying to look good when there's no one to impress anymore. Although I don't think Niall would even notice it if I impressed him. I can wear a mankini going to school and he would still love me for me and not because of the mankini.

As soon as I got my things ready, I went downstairs and ate breakfast quietly with my parents. My dad kept sending me apologetic looks but I just looked at my eggs and ignored him. Why didn’t he do anything? Was it because he didn't want me to be gay? Was it because he's too scared of my mother?

"Just so you know, I asked your teachers to keep an extra eye on you just in case that Horan kid bothers you again" my mum said. I just continued eating.

He doesn't bother me. He's my boyfriend for god's sake!

"You can't ignore us forever" my mum says. I can try.

As soon as I finished everything. I just nodded at the floor and made my way outside. I started walking towards school but I took a turn on the last minute and made my way towards a park instead.

Since it's a school day, there were no children playing around and the only thing I can hear are the leaves crunching beneath my feet.

I climbed up the slide and just sat there, remembering the first time I cut class with the boys.

I took out my iPhone and noticed that Niall hasn't even texted. I tear fell down on the screen and I wiped my nose. 

I began typing out the words.

I miss you. 

And then pressed send.

 I slid down the slide and decided to just swing instead. Swing away my sadness.

I miss Niall. I miss him so much. I know it's only been a day but it literally feels like a year. I miss how he holds my hand tightly as if he's too scared to let me go. I miss how he would start to get sexy and then stop when he realizes I'm not ready. I miss his soft gentle kisses and how he reassure that everything's gonna be fine.

I couldn't hold it anymore. I allowed the tears to silently slide down my cheeks. 

My heart literally feels like it's going to pop out of chest. It hurts too much. Maybe this is what they're all talking about. Heartbreak.

 I continued swinging until I felt small droplets of water hitting my skin. I looked up and noticed that the sky has turned grey. Just like my life when Niall left.

I stood up and made my way towards the nearest restaurant. I may as well eat away my problems.

I ordered chicken nuggets and a bottle of water since I can't drink anything else.