Chapter 30

"Happy Valentine’s day babe!" I cheerfully climb into Niall's car holding the packages of food.

"Are you giving away chocolates to everyone?" Niall asked, both amused and confused.

"Nope" I said, popping the 'p'. "These are all for you!" I say, handing him the pink boxes filled with chocolates, cupcakes and cookies.

"All these?" Niall asked as I handed him 4 boxes of each.

"Yep. I made them myself" I state proudly.

"Awww. You didn't have to!" Niall said. He placed the boxes at the middle seat behind us and leaned forward to envelop me in a passionate and slow kiss which I quite enjoyed.

Niall drove us to school where everything was pink and gay and quite lovely. Pink and red balloons hung from a lot of cars in the parking lot. There were fake petals on the ground and everybody seems to be in love. 

I can't believe I only appreciated this day now. 

We made our way towards Harry, Louis and Zayn. Harry and Zayn are both dressed up nicely for this occasion but Louis doesn't seem too bothered. I bet he thinks today is a good day to prank people because they'll be expecting gifts.

The nice part about Valentine's Day is that there's this program where you can send flowers to other people through assigned cupids, you can be anonymous if you want. 

Apparently, Harry was chosen to be one of the cupids and he was more than willing to strip into nothing but white boxers, a white sash and white wings along with customized bow and arrow.

Harry and 4 other people jumped from room to room, handing out flowers. Someone who is not Niall anonymously gave me a tulip and I couldn’t help but wonder who. Niall, meanwhile, looked like he wanted to rip the tulip put of my hands and burn it into ashes.

Louis anonymously received a red rose and I discreetly looked at Zayn.

Louis asked if Zayn knew who gave him the rose and Zayn shook his head but I can tell that he's lying.

Finally, Harry tiptoed back to me. "There's a special order from a secret someone and it's waiting in your locker" Harry whispered before winking at everyone in the classroom and leaving.

I looked at Niall but he was too busy conversing with Zayn and Louis. 

Suddenly, a pang of physical pain hit me. It didn't hit me slowly. It hit me like a stick on a gong. I clutched my stomach and realized that the pain was coming from the wound that Niall's car inflicted the day I fell into unconsciousness.

"Liam, are you okay?" Niall asked, sensing my discomfort.

I just nodded and told him I was fine. "I think I ate too much leftovers" I smiled but I have a feeling it's not just that.

Niall seems convinced though and continued glaring at the tulip.

When classes ended before recess, the pain was gone but I felt light-headed. But then Niall held my hand and everything went back to normal, like he had the power to make everything all better. He probably does.

We were walking towards the Cafeteria when Harry came skipping to us. "Don't you want to check your locker?" Harry asked me. I shrugged and made my way towards my locker, dragging Niall along with me.

There were multiple people gathered around my locker and I wondered why. That is, until I actually reached my locker and saw about a hundred roses lying underneath it on the floor formed into one huge heart.

In the middle of the roses, there was a white note with the word "Love, Niall" written on them. 

"You paid for a hundred roses?" I asked Niall, with my mouth agape.