CHAPTER 20 - SPARK

Start from the beginning

"Do you like it, Mina-yaa?" Laughter bubbles up within Chaeyoung as he looks at his girlfriend brightly happy.

Mina's heart flutters right now, she says, "Of course, I like it, Chaeng.. I didn't expect this at all," gummy smile beginning to spill over her face as she feels overwhelmed.

Chaeyoung's face scrunches up as he gives a big, toothy smile and says, "I'm sorry that I made you overthink.. Come here," he pulls Mina into his embrace, gently rubbing her back and kissing the crown of her head. "I love you, Mina-yaa."

Mina is already nestled in the warm hug. "I love you more, Chaeyoung," she utters. "Happy anniversary too, babe," her voice softened with a tender melody when expressing her affection.

After a while, they break the hug and exchange a romantic kiss on each other's lips. With every shared laugh and love, Chaeyoung starts to drive the car, heading back to their apartment.

Mina couldn't help but cherish the bouquet that Chaeyoung surprised her with. Her eyes beaming with a lot of happiness while she sniffs the fresh scent of the flower. In the midst of her excitement, she notices that the flower slightly smells different from the scent that she smelled before.

But as she's thinking back about it, she finally realizes that she has smelled the exact scent one someone and somewhere else, but she doesn't remember who and where, the hint seems like not coming through her mind. She averts her gaze to Chaeyoung, her lips twitch strangely, but she decides to brush her thought away, not wanting to ruin their lovey-dovey mood over useless things.

As they step into their apartment, Mina gawks in surprise once again, looking at their living room now already filled with love-shaped balloons scattered on the floor, and the alphabet balloons with "I LOVE YOU" hanging across the wall.

Mina's heart flutters, "Chaeng, what's with all this? Did you make all of this?" her voice indeed relaying in glee. Her eyes now even glistening, diamond tears of happiness start hanging at the corner of her beautiful eyes.

Chaeyoung looks at his dumbfounded girlfriend, he grins. "Mmm.. I made all of this for you, Mina-yaa.. Happy anniversary once again, babe," overflowing with happiness, his chuckles echo pure joy.

He then clears his throat and reaches for her hand. He suddenly lets out a deep confession to the person that he loves the most, "Let me make a little confession, Myoui Mina..Please know that all of these things are nothing to pay for the love that you have given to me, for every care and affection you have showered me, for every single comforting word you have told me, for your unwavering support that always holds me strong and for every little thing you have done that never fails to make me feel so much in love with you all over again..Thank you so much for saying yes to me the day I confess to you. I love you unconditionally, Mina-yaa." He mirrors Mina's happy expression, A soft sigh escapes his lips, carrying the weight of his affection.

Mina is touched by Chaeyoung's effort and heartfelt wishes that make her diamond tears fail to not burst. She is speechless for a moment about what to say and cups his cheeks. "I'm so grateful for you, Son Chaeyoung and don't have to pay anything to me. I'm sincerely loving you and all I hope is that you will never change..I hope your love for me will never fade away, will you promise me to always be true to me and yourself, Chaeyoung..don't ever let anyone else come into our relationship" her voice holds a tender warmth and hope.

"I promise you, Mina-yaa, and I'd rather die than let myself hurt you" He can't contain the grin that spreads across his face as he pleads the promise to Mina.

Chaeyoung smirks naughtily as he stands behind Mina when they walk to the sofa but before she sits, with a swoosh motion he pulls Mina to make her turn around and fall into a hug.