CHAPTER 19 - DROP OF DOUBT

Začít od začátku

As Mina and Jihyo approach, both of them abruptly stop laughing. Sana stands and greets Jihyo and Mina. She gives a warm hug to both of them, conveying how much she missed them, and during the hugs, Mina could smell Sana's perfume lingering on her shoulder.

Mina still feels curious and a pang of jealousy looking at Chaeyoung and Sana laughing together just now, but she can't easily ask because it will just make her look possessive.

As she sits beside her boyfriend, he suddenly leans closer to Mina. Mina could feel Chaeyoung's breath near her skin.

Chaeyoung kisses her cheek and then whispers to her, "You look so beautiful, baby... I miss you."

His voice gives a tingling sensation down to Mina's bones. Her feelings heat up, and her face slightly flushes in pink. She suppresses her happiness and remains her nonchalant face.

Chaeyoung pulls away, but his hand suddenly reaches for Mina's right hand. He kisses the back of her hand, then scrunches his nose playfully as he keeps her hand on his cheek, feeling the warmth of her skin.

Mina searches for his eyes, and when their gaze meets, she reads the depth of his emotions. As always, she sees his eyes filled with warmth and an unmistakable love for her. His words of affirmation and gestures of affection never fail to send a wave of warmth and adoration through her, making Mina fall in love with him all over again, her heart fluttering with each beat.

She then stretches out her left hand and gently strokes back Chaeyoung's bangs on his forehead. She flashes a tender smile at him. For a second, she felt guilty that she has doubted her boyfriend just now.

Sana could see the couple's intimacy in her peripheral view. She just silently curls a smile for them. Deep in her heart, she feels happy looking at their strong relationship, but she can't undo what she's doing now. Her heart clenches painfully, knowing that she was forced to break those two apart even though she really doesn't want any bad things to happen to Chaeyoung and Mina's relationship.

They are now back at their apartment after they call off the busiest day, Chaeyoung is sitting alone in the living room, eating ramyeon while watching Time To Twice.

While Mina is in their room, now engrossing herself in knitting something while listening to some music after taking her shower and changing her clothes. Suddenly, when the door is slightly ajar and revealing Chaeyoung behind it, Mina stumbles and quickly shoves her knitting kit under their bed, trying to hide it from Chaeyoung.

"What's wrong with you, babe?? Did you just see a ghost?" Chaeyoung bewilderedly looks at his girlfriend acting weirdly.

Mina presses a strange thin smile, trying to cover up her sudden surprise. "What?? Nothing.." she stutters. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with me."

Chaeyoung senses something is quite off with her. He draws closer to her. "Well, it doesn't seem like that," he smirks. Though the curiosity still lingers around, he decides to wash it away. "Anyway, babe... I'll be in my study for a while cause I have some work to do. You should go to sleep first," he pecks Mina's lips before leaving her alone again.

The video of Sana's advertisement for their company plays repeatedly on Chaeyoung's laptop screen. Her captivating presence as a model holds Chaeyoung under a spell, making him unable to tear his gaze away. He delicately observes every detail, her radiant beauty, infectious smiles, captivating eyes, and alluring physique.

He leans back in his chair as uncertainty hits him. His heart beats strangely, unable to explain what he's actually feeling right now. With each passing moment, Sana effortlessly conquers Chaeyoung's mind.

The door suddenly creaks open, making Chaeyoung startle and abruptly close the tabs on his laptop as Mina emerges in his study.

He takes a deep breath, trying to regain his composure. "Babe, I thought you were already sleeping," he says.