CHAPTER 18 - WAVERED

Start from the beginning

"Really? I'm wearing this one," Sana takes out Estée Lauder's Aerin Iris Meadow perfume from her bag.

"Is this new in your collection?" Chaeyoung shakes his head amusedly. He knows how Sana loves fragrance and she always smells good. She also has almost every kind of perfume in her collection.

"Yup, I like the smell so much and I'm glad you like it too," Sana chuckles, her eyes glittering like a cute Shasha from TWICE.

It's almost noon, and Chaeyoung enters the studio where the photoshoot is running. As the co-CEO, he needs to monitor Sana as today is her first day working with them, just to make sure everything goes smoothly during the photoshoot. Moreover, he's also curious about whether Sana is okay working with his team and feeling anticipation to meet her.

Chaeyoung can hear the photographers and marketing teams praising Sana now. They're amazed by Sana's beauty and how she looks professional during the photoshoot.

She shows no awkwardness because only confidence and charisma are displayed in her expressions and gestures. She knows how to make the accessories and jewelry that she needs to promote look stunning and outstanding along with her impressive poses.

As Chaeyoung fully engrosses in looking at the monitor, he can't keep his eyes off her. At some point, when Sana looks straight at the camera, her gaze and smile are dangerously seductive, sending chills down Chaeyoung's spine. He feels that Sana's gaze is intentionally on him, making him stun and his heart throb faster.

The photoshoot finally wraps up as the lunch hour approaches. Chaeyoung sees Sana come out from the fitting room after changing her clothes, and then he walks closer to her.

"Good job, Sana-yaa. You really did well," he praises with a glint in his eyes while giving her a thumbs up.

Sana gives a cute smile to him and flips back her hair. "Well, this is Minatozaki Sana after all," she giggles.

"But yaa, I'm glad that you're joining our company. It's such a blessing and a miracle to us," Chaeyoung genuinely shows his appreciation.

"Not a big deal, Chaeng. Let me show you my gratitude because you offered me here. What about I treat you to lunch?" Sana suggestively says.

Chaeyoung contemplates for a while, but since Mina also has a meeting this afternoon, he has no excuse to reject. "Alright, sounds cool. But since today is your first day, let me treat you first. You can treat me another time, okay?"

"Uhh, sure. I can't reject free food anyway," Sana chuckles playfully.

They are now sitting at one of the tables nearest Baskin-Robbins cafe. As the waitress comes, they order their food, and after a while, their food is already served on the table. Chaeyoung orders a strawberry frappe with strawberry cheesecake. Sana, on the other hand, is having bubble tea, and her favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor is called "Gone with the Wind."

"So, how was your first time shooting with us, Sana-yaa? Is there anything burdening you? Does my team give you a hard time?" Chaeyoung inquires while flashing a warm smile.

Sana stops eating for a while and attentively gets ready to engage in conversation with Chaeyoung.

"Well, everything is perfectly fine. I love the surroundings, the ambiance, the people... Everything is new to me, and you know I like this kind of fresh vibe," she says gleefully.

Chaeyoung sighs in contentment. "Well, that's a relief then."

"By the way, Chaeng, how are you with Mina?" Sana's voice lingers with half curiosity.

"Mina? We're good as usual. She's a bit busy lately handling her new business, but still, we can understand each other's commitment... Well, this is adulthood anyway," Chaeyoung says, his voice hint in a bit frustrations.

"Lucky her to have you, Chaeng."

"Nahh... Speaking of luck, you should try your luck with Tzuyu, though?" Chaeyoung raise his eyes brows, a smirks pasted across his face.

"What's with Tzuyu all of a sudden?" Sana flips her hair, intentionally giving her a dangerous smile while taking a bite of the cake, her eyes not leaving Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung is stunned for a while and clears his throat, looking at the beautiful model in front of him. The atmosphere suddenly heated up "Thought he already asked you out?" He unexpectedly trembles.

"Chaeng, he might have done it a long time ago if he wants me," Sana's face displays annoyance.

"Should I tell him to ask you out now?" Chaeyoung casually asks, wrinkles appearing on his forehead.

"No, Chaeng. I don't like a man who needs to be told about everything. If they want me, they should figure it out themselves. Plus, why should I go out with him?" She says firmly, trying to dodge the topic, though her heart aches hearing Tzuyu's name.

"Ummm... It's actually understandable," Chaeyoung nods as a sign that he agrees with Sana's statement. Feeling the need to wash away the tension, he says, "Forget about it then. Anyway, when I monitored your photoshoot today, I was actually captivated by how you managed to make our new accessories stand out. You really did well, Sana-yaa"

"Oh... Really, Mr. Son? Glad that the co-CEO likes it," her bubbly side emerges again.

"Mr. Son my foot! Drop the formality, Sana-yaa," Chaeyoung shakes his heads as he laughs.

"What? It's true that you are the co-CEO, right? Don't go against me, Chaeng." She pouts her mouth.

"Alright, alright..." Chaeyoung raises his palms in the air, pleading guilty. "But, I'm co-CEO for nothing without you as the model," Chaeyoung remarks playfully.

"Sounds like we are perfecting each other, right, Chaeng?" Her voice hints with some soft and gentle tone that brings a hidden meaning behind it.

"Well... It can be said like that too... You are my perfect fit, Sana-yaa," Chaeyoung says while giggling and goofing around with her as he feels amused by his best friend's jokes. It might seem like a joke for them, as he actually didn't know the meaning behind everything she said.

"By the way, Sana-yaa, how about your car? Have you called the workshop?" Chaeyoung asks, trying to divert the topic. His heart is actually throbbing faster inside his chest, and he doesn't know why.

"Oh yeah, it's already towed to the workshop, and they say it might take until a week or more than a week to get it repaired," Sana sighs.

"Uh? Sounds like it's broken down so bad," Chaeyoung raises his brows.

"Well, I don't know much about cars, Chaeng, so I can't really say anything," she shrugs her shoulders. "But now, I'm thinking about how I will go to work for the whole week," her voice lingers with frustration.

"What about I give you the company car to use in the meantime?" Chaeyoung suggests.

"Chaengi, I appreciate your kindness, but you know, I'm still new here. I'm not really familiar with driving around... If you don't mind, can you help to pick me up for work and send me home after? I promise just for this week," Sana pleads with her puppy eyes.

"Yaa, of course... Why didn't I think to give you a ride at first? Arghh, I'm so idiot," Chaeyoung says, even though he feels reservation about Sana's request at first. But as her best friend since childhood, he has never rejected anything that Sana wanted from him. It might feel odd for her if he declines her wish now.

"I'm so grateful for you, Chaengii... Thank you!" She says before leaning close to Chaeyoung and slightly hugging him.

Chaeyoung's feelings are now stirring up all together. Happy, because he always likes to help his friend. Worried, because he thinks about how Mina will react if she knows about this. But above everything, he's feeling unexpectedly warm and affectionate because of Sana's touch on him. Without him actually realizing it, he reciprocates the brief hug from Sana.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Guys !!! Thank you for 1k readers 🥹🤍 I'm so happy right now hahahahha.. your support is my inspiration, guys !! Love yaa🫶🏻 don't forget to vote and comment anyway 🤭