CHAPTER 17 - FLIP THE COIN

Start from the beginning

No we will never fall apart
Even millions mile apart

"It reminds me of how we used to part away from each other, but we still hold strong and keep the faith in each other," Chaeyoung utters.

No matter what you got me
I got you
And I wouldn't want it any other way

No drop of doubts
I know deep down that
We'll make it through
Just like we always do

"When I listen to the lyrics, I'm thinking back on how we've been through everything together but we still had each other till now. Thank you, Mina-yaa for always standing by my side through thick and thin" Chaeyoung's voice softens, and Mina looks at him. Her heart melts over him again and again.

As the song plays in the background, they finally reach their apartment. Since they graduated, Chaeyoung and Mina decided to stay together. They have been sharing everything until now, strengthening their bonds and love as the days pass.

After almost a month as fresh starters, Mina's business is getting busier. She barely makes time for herself and even for Chaeyoung. But Chaeyoung is being an understanding boyfriend ever that he never complains to her, instead, he is non-stop showing his support for her girlfriend.

Though they barely spend time, they have one rule they set before starting their careers which is 'no working on weekends.' Until now, when the weekend approaches, they never mention works to each other. They prioritize enjoying each other's presence, catching up together, and spending their quality times to the fullest during the weekend.

'Life is like flipping a coin. You hope for what you wish for, but coins have two faces, one with the opposite side of what you expect. Not everything will go the way you want it to.'

"What are the urgent things you want to tell me, dad, mom?? Are you guys okay?" Sana tucks a casual smile as she approaches her parents in the living room.

Mr. Minatozaki clears his throat, feeling a knot in his stomach. With stern notes, he says, "Sana, you know all this while, we as your parents always hope for the best for you. We have sacrificed everything for you, right?" Her dad pauses for a while.

"I know you are a good daughter, and this is for your sake. You know the situation of our family's business, right? We have no other options other than to get you married to Son Chaeyoung." He firmly remarks, sounding like an order for his daughter.

"W..what?? Why?? No.." Sana stumbles, her palms slightly slamming the table. "Like suddenly?? Why should I marry Chaeyoung?"

"Will you sacrifice only for once to save your family?? This is for your own sake too," her dad's eyes filled with fierceness that keeps insisting her to obey his request. "They hold power and they have a name, Sana. We have known his family for a long time now. Only they can help us out from the downfall in our business," he adds while clicking his tongue, the tinge of ego evident in his words.

"But..." Sana trails off.

"I don't want to hear anything more. I want you to stay close to him from now on. Think about it if you really care about your family," he leans back while sipping his tea.

Sana moves her gaze to her mom, who still sits still since earlier. "Mom..." Her voice sounds pleading as tears linger at the corners of her eyes.

"Do it as your dad said, dear. We did this for you too," her mom gently squeezes her hand, though she doesn't seem to back up Sana. But deep inside, she also grapples with guilt. Yet, acknowledging her husband's arrogance and ego, she knows they can't disobey his order.