CHAPTER 8 - THE PAST

Começar do início

"But you'll come back here again, right?" Jihyo's voice carries a tinge of sadness and concern.

"Of course, I'll come back here after finishing the semester," Mina reassures, her hand searching for Chaeyoung's on the table, giving it a few taps.

"I'm glad we're graduating soon, so I can stay here longer after this," Mina adds, flashing a smile at Chaeyoung, trying to lift his mood.

"Yeah, you could just stay here forever after the semester ended, couldn't you?" Jihyo's voice is filled with warmth and welcome.

Mina chuckles at Jihyo's suggestion. "Why not?" she replies softly.

Chaeyoung tries to compose himself from the lingering sadness. "I'll go order now," he announces, standing up. Mina suddenly stands with him. "Hey hey...I can order alone. You just stay here, okay?" his words soften.

"Who says I want to follow you ordering? I'm going to the toilet," Mina giggles, looking at her boyfriend with affection for his constant generosity for her.

"I'll go with you to the toilet then," Chaeyoung blurts out.

"Chaeng, don't be nonsense. Go order now, I want ice tea and mint chocolate croissant if they have it" Mina says before she walks away from them.

Chaeyoung looks at Tzuyu and Jihyo, asking what they want before making his way to the counter.

As Chaeyoung stands behind the counter, placing his order, he feels a tap on his shoulder. "Chaeyoung?" a familiar voice reaches his ears, prompting him to turn around to see her.

His eyes widen in surprise. "Yunjin?" Chaeyoung's lips twitch into a smile upon seeing her. "When did you come back?" he asks casually.

"Uhh I just arrived this morning. I decided to join class for today..It's Miss Kazuha's class anyway, I won't ever skip hers" Yunjin replies, her eyes sparkling as she talks to him.

"Did your exchange program end earlier? I thought you would be done next week," Chaeyoung remarks, engaging in casual conversation with her.

"Yep, it's sad but at the same time, I enjoyed it. It should be you, Chaeyoung-aaa," Yunjin says, lightly hitting his shoulder.

As Chaeyoung and Yunjin engage in conversation, Tzuyu suddenly notices them. "What the hell is Chaeyoung talking to Yunjin?" he mutters to Jihyo, his eyes subtly scanning the surroundings in case Mina appears.

"Yunjin?" Jihyo redirects her gaze to Yunjin and Chaeyoung at the counter. "Wow! He's really asking for trouble, that idiot," Jihyo murmurs, then suddenly notices Mina approaching the counter. Jihyo then looks at Tzuyu again, who is now stunned and shaking his head.

Mina's gaze fixates on Chaeyoung and the unfamiliar woman as she walks toward them. Her heart feels uneasy seeing her boyfriend talking to another woman. "Babe?" Her voice is stern as she stops beside Chaeyoung.

"Uh? Babe, are you done?" Chaeyoung smiles at her while Yunjin still stands there with them.

"Um..." Mina's eyebrows furrow, signaling for Chaeyoung to explain about the girl.

"Uh yaa, by the way, this is our classmate, Yunjin. She's also joining the exchange program like you, but she went to America for the programme" Chaeyoung smoothly explains, although his heart is pounding faster.

"So, let me guess, you're Mina, right?" Yunjin offers her hand for a handshake.

"Yes, and how do you know me?" Mina reciprocates the handshake, she flash a slight smile eventho her face still tinged with confusion.

"Maybe because you're Chaeyoung's girlfriend... Don't misunderstand, but you know, even I hate to accept this, but people say he's quite famous on our campus," Yunjin says, her gaze shifting to Chaeyoung, hinting at playfulness.