Magyo merchants

But what Shura Roosevelt didn't knew was that Miskesh town was not the same as he thought nor left it, Miskesh town had changed. It was not that Miskesh town had developed technologically, it was just that the denizens of Miskesh were the ones that had changed, they were no longer humans but Ashish didn't tell Shura Roosevelt this intel as Ashish wanted to see how Shura Roosevelt would handle the situation.

"Your eminence... my king, will you drink the blood of our domesticated cavern cats?" Eloise Abraham asked suddenly after Shura Roosevelt, Eugene Perrin and Tanya Belinsky had taken their seats. While Eloise Abraham asked this, her eyes turned hollow and then red showing the insides of her head through her eye sockets.

It was only a mere moment and because Shura Roosevelt and the others were still watching what was going outside the tent, they didn't manage to see this anomaly from the Duke of Miskesh.

"No. I am good." Shura Roosevelt answered Eloise Abraham before ordering Eloise Abraham without glancing at her, "Tell the mechants to meet me here so that we can finish our transactions."

Eloise Abraham was quick to act on the order and in the meantime, the three merchants from Magyo sat together with the king, Tanya Belinsky and Eugene Perrin at the same table.

"We meet again, Avril Sauvage and your group. Sorry for forgetting the names of you guys as you can see, I am a busy person and I only recall Avril Sauvage, do you care to remind me your names please?" Shura Roosevelt asked the two remaining merchants.

"Well... We have seen that his majesty is really busy. As for me, you can simply call me Gregory Bret." A chubby merchant said quickly before beckoning his friend.

"I am Elliot Durant." Replied the last guy.

"What took you so long to deliver my goods. You should know very well that you have not reported for nearly three years. Azuhai kingdom has been desperate for iron ingots in all the time that you guys decided not to show up, What do you think we should do about this? The demand for iron ingots had continue to go up tremendously throughout the years but the suppliers... you people have a problem. What do you think we should do to fix this problem so that nothing like delayed delivery happened again." Shura Roosevelt asked with a solemn tone.

"Erm..." Avril Sauvage paused for a moment as she pondered, the merchants knew Shura Roosevelt very well, when he started to speak like this, then he basically wanted to be given a discount or a favor.

The merchants were not dimwits, they knew very well that Shura Roosevelt knew the reason for their delayed delivery, war was war and no delivery could be done during the war because the goods could be confiscated, robbed or the merchants could be ambushed and then during the process of struggling, the goods could be submerged into the sea. The merchants also had to look at the situation from different perspectives so that a loss might be avoided.

But the merchants would not dare to tell Shura Roosevelt that war was the problem, they were still in Azuhai kingdom, they didn't want their heads to roll.

"We are very sorry for the inconveniences caused, how about we drop the cost of delivering the cargo? You will then have to pay for the cargo only." This time round, it was the chubby merchant that proposed this.

One would have thought that the merchants would incur huge losses by offering this offer but that was not it, the cost of the transportation of iron ingots was miniscule as compared to the cost of the goods from a single ship. Actually, the cost of delivery was merely 1% of the cost of all goods, so the merchants would not incur anything if Shura Roosevelt accepted this proposal.

The chubby guy was truly a broker, if one was foolish or not watchful, they could be easily ripped off by this guy. Even his facial expression while proposing this to Shura Roosevelt showed that he was in pain after presenting this, anymore and he would not accept the trade, his fellow merchants also nodded along, they accepted what the chubby guy had just proposed.