My First Fight on the Battlefield

They only had about 80 pounds of crystals in stock, I bought them all and told them I actually decided to get a room in this city so they should contact me here.

I decided against staying at the military camp because this place is much nicer opposed to the brick buildings that look like they are held together with duct tape and prayers.

After renting a nice place to stay, I dumped all the crystals on the floor and sat down to use them.

"Zenobia, get to the next realm, you're so weak I could kill you with a casual flick." She also doesn't need many to advance at her realm.

I received a grunt in response. Unacceptable! Killing intent leaked from me, a fraction of my immortal aura forced her to her hands and knees.

She turned pale and trembled, gasping for breath as she spoke, "Yes Mast-er."

I gave it another few seconds before withdrawing; she stayed how she was, frozen from fear. Next time I'll just take her head off and go without or find someone else for chores.

I decided to work on myself later and stood to leave, "Only use enough to get to the next realm."

I went invisible and teleported near the military camp. Since it's daytime and most battles happen at night, there probably aren't many werewolves on the battlefield, but I am still going to have a look around.

I flew over the battlefield using my bat wings and without my invisibility to test something. It would seem easy for the vampires to bomb the werewolves, but since they don't, I figure there must be a reason. I put up a magical shield since I think the reason must be some sort of anti-flying-vampire weapon.

I spotted a group of werewolves hiding among a rock pile. A few of them watched the sky and ground while the others slept. Their eyes must be sharp because almost as soon as I could see them they started quietly waking their friends; within seconds, I had about 20 guns pointed up at me. They waited for me to draw a little closer.

They were camouflaged well enough it would have been possible to miss them so I just pretended to continue on course. When I reached about 200 meters, I heard a volley of shots come from in front and tried dodging immediately. I found the shots were spread out enough that my shield still got hit many times due to the slower speed while flying. A second, third, and fourth volley sounded after.

A vampire without a magic shield would almost certainly have died. I decided to play along and allowed myself to fall from the sky.

I fell in an area where they couldn't see and quickly teleported behind them. Oh? They also have a cannon loaded with a shell that would explode and launch shrapnel in the air. With that, even higher flying vampires wouldn't be safe, and if they flew high enough to be out of its range, they would probably miss the target when dropping their bomb.

Two people left the group and started moving in the direction I'd fallen to make sure I was dead. I suppose there is no time like the present to collect 21 crystals. I raised my hand and used a technique; lesser energy infused with sword intent formed nearly 100 ethereal swords in the air above my head.

A few of them sensed danger and spun around holding their swords, but it was too late. I lowered my hand as if I were starting a race and my own volley flew in their direction, shredding them in an instant. I walked forward and devoured the corpses containing the crystals.

This was going to be boring, and they were only low-grade so hardly even a drop in the ocean of what I needed. I should go farther in and hopefully there will be more powerful werewolves. I want a bit of a challenge to test myself and high-grade crystals.