Driving Mom

It took the construction crews a week working round the clock to finish my new home. Since it was the weekend, there were no classes today, just a day for relaxing. I had also learned how to create many more of the simple things Kitty refuses to, including my pants. Now it's easier than clicking the buy button.

I sat in the living room with Luna, enjoying some ice cream from a local store called Turtles Ice Cream, my favorite. All other ice creams pale in comparison to their perfectly flavored soft serve with mix-ins.

Lila was off looking for more trinkets with Alexis.

"I want to go check the new house out. Want to come see the house Elaria had built?" I asked Luna.

She pulled the spoon out from between her lips and nodded, "Sure."

I looked through the void for a good place to teleport. I had avoided looking at the house so far as I wanted to see the completed house first.

The new house was almost the same as the one in my small world, with some minor differences. There was an additional bedroom on each of the 1st and 2nd floors. The glass around the pool was all one-way glass with one-way spells in addition, ensuring no unwanted eyes could peek in. The lights, heating, and appliances did not run on magic circuits but rather on electricity. There were also several garages that were still under construction, and the pool area was not quite finished either.

I teleported to the large 2nd-floor bedroom that was our shared room with Luna, and we appeared on the bed, still ice cream in hand. Elaria felt us arrive and left where she was watching the people working in the pool to come to us.

She entered the room and bowed, "Welcome, Master, Mrs. Luna."

"I like it. Also, the modification to the pool."

Half of one side of the pool was sloped, and sand was on that slope, providing a nice place to relax, like a beach rather than the cement.

"Thank you, Master."

I activated my communication artifact, "Nona, please drive the car over. Alexis, when Lila is finished, come here."

"Yes, Master." echoed back.

"Elaria, when will the pool be ready?"

"Two days."

I nodded and looked at Luna, "Well, shall we greet the neighbors?"

"Sure."

I decided since my house is next to moms, I would go the other way first so I end on mom's and have as much time as I want there since I'm going through the 'greeting neighbors' thing. I don't care about the neighbors, well, there is one nice old lady who used to watch us once in a while when we were growing up I wouldn't mind saying hi to.

She also taught us how to make jelly, and when her husband was alive, they took us fishing a few times. She also used to sew some of my pants in smaller in the waist when I looked like a stick figure.

The first couple were middle-aged, and the guy worked for the fire department. Nice but not important to me.

The next was the nice old lady. I know old people sometimes don't eat, so I brought her some cans of soup.

I knocked, and she opened the door sliding glass door. I greeted her, "Hello, Ma'am, I just moved in and am coming to say hello. I brought some soup as a gift."

She smiled warmly at Luna and me, "Thank you, young man. I wondered who was moving in and bought all the homes. Thank you for coming by and the gift."

"No problem, see you around." We waved goodbye and moved on to the next house.